If you want healthy plants from the start, this is the soil mix for you. Organic Down To Earth Starter Mix is a powerful combination of primary and secondary plant nutrients and endomycorrhizal fungi. The fungi encourage expansive root development and robust early growth in new plantings. The nutrients will encourage lush, leafy development and provide a foundation for strong, sturdy plants that will burst with flowers or fruit. Starter Mix can be used throughout the season on flowers, herbs and vegetables.
Suggested Uses: Use when transplanting starts and seedling, as an ingredient in a soil mix and for container plants.
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
Mix into surrounding soil when seeding and transplanting or blend into seed starting and potting mixes. The objective is to ensure physical contact between the roots and the inoculated fertilizer.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 1/4-1/2 cup per sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For larger areas, apply 2.5-5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- For seeding, apply 1/4 cup per linear row foot and mix into soil.
Outdoor Containers –
- For new plantings, add 2 tbsp per gallon of soil OR 1 cup per cubic foot and mix thoroughly.
- For established plants, add 2-4 tbsp per gallon of soil when transplanting.
Trees & Shrubs –
- For new plants or transplants, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-3 cups with the backfill soil.
- Use amended soil to fill in around the new plant and water in well.
Storage: For maximum shelf life, store between 40° and 85°F. Avoid temperatures in excess of 140°F. Product expires two years from production date on box (Month/Year).
Cannot Be Shipped To: AR,DE,HI,IL,IN,IA,KS,MS,NH,NC,ND,OK,PR,SD,VT,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Alfalfa Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Langbeinite, Oyster Shell, Basalt, Feather Meal and Kelp Meal.
Also contains non-plant food ingredient(s) – 2.5% Humic Acids derived from Leonardite.
- 0.5% Water Soluble Nitrogen
- 2.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Endomycorrhizal Fungi: Glomus intraradices, G. mosseae, G. aggregatum, G. etunicatum - 1.0 prop/gm each. (1,814 prop/lb total)
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments.
CDFA Registered Organic Input Material.