DTE Shrimp Meal is a high quality all-purpose fertilizer that is full of nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium. Made from what would otherwise be discarded, this shrimp meal is a by-product of the Pacific shrimp processing industry. The finely ground texture of DTE Shrimp Meal allows it to spread easily and break down rapidly in the soil.
- Promotes strong growth and healthy development
- Can be used to enrich new garden soils or compost piles
- For use on all kinds of garden vegetables, flowers, herbs, trees and shrubs
- OMRI listed and CDFA registered
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
10 cups ≈ 1 lb; ¼ cup ≈ 0.4 oz; 1 tbsp. ≈ 0.1 oz.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 2 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz., depending on plant size and desired growth rate, once each month during growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs:
- Spread 1-2 lbs. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AR,CT,FL,GA,IA,IL,IN,LA,KS,MN,MT,NC,ND,NH,OH,PR,RI,SC,UT,WV,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N).................................6.0%
0.9% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
5.1% Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2SO4)..............6.0%
Derived from Shrimp Meal