This microbial-based product has been designed to not only trigger root growth, but also to support and sustain healthy roots in cuttings and transplants. E-Z Root contains multiple strains of active beneficial bacteria from pure microbial cultures developed using state of the art technology and the highest of quality standards. In addition to the bacteria, EZ-ROOT also contains a 0-0.5-0.5 fertilizer to gently but effectively provide power to drive energetic root activity. Every part of this formulation has been chosen for its specific plant benefits, as well as its ability to work synergistically with the other ingredients to prove the best possible outcome for your plants.
Since E-Z Root contains living bacteria it is best when used by itself (with the exception of products like biostimulant inputs, sugars, humic acids and kelp). The use of pesticides, nematicides, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides or fumigants can damage the integrity of, or outright, kill the bacteria. If you must use these types of additional products, never apply EZ-Root directly before an application. Instead, apply EZ-Root in a rotation that allows 5-7 days between the applications of EZ-Root and other agents.
- Excellent for all plants, flowers, vegetables, ornamentals and turf.
- Can be used as a dip, drench in soils, in greenhouse applications, in soil and soil-less media, as an additive in hydroponics, and in deep root feed in injections.
- OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments.
- Works on rooted and unrooted cuttings.
E-Z Root comes with a scoop included for easy measurements of the amounts given below.
It is recommended to wash hands and use a clean razor or knife for cuttings. Cuttings should only be taken from healthy plants and from the lower branches of the plant. Cut the branch on a 45-degree angle just below where the leaf meets the branch.
- Take a small amount of E-Z Root and place on a clean flat surface.
- Take the cutting and gently work the fresh cut branch in the powder. Coat the entire cut with the powder and spread it slightly above the cut.
- Place the cutting in potting medium or starter cubes. Mist or spray your cuttings to keep them from drying out.
Note: To eliminate any contamination do not place any unused rooting powder from your cuttings back into the original container.
Planting and Gardening:
E-Z Root can be directly applied to the soil when planting.
- For plants up to 8", place ½ scoop in the planting hole.
- Place plant in hole and cover with soil and water.
- For larger plants, refer to the applications rates under "Transplanting".
When repotting and transplanting plant material, add E-Z- Root (see chart below) into the planting hole. Place the plant in the hole, cover with soil and water. If planting bare root material, dust the roots with the product prior to planting. Bare-root plants can be dipped in a solution, see information under Soil-Less Media.
|POT SIZE ||AMOUNT OF E-Z ROOT |
|4-8" ||1/2 scoop |
|1-3 gallons ||1 scoop |
|5-7 gallons ||2 scoops |
|10-20 gallons ||3 scoops |
For best results adjust the pH of the water to 5.8 - 6.0 before adding E-Z Root.
- From the chart below, slowly pour the required amount of E-Z Root into the prescribed amount of water.
- Stir the product until it is thoroughly dissolved into a solution (there should be no sediment on the bottom).
- Place your grow plugs or rockwool in a bowl and pour the mixed solution over the media. Allow the plugs to soak for 10 minutes prior to planting.
- If dipping cuttings, place the cut end of the branch in the solution for 10-15 seconds before planting.
- For bare-root plants, keep them dipped in the solution for 10-15 seconds until the entire root is covered.
Notes:Make sure product is completely dissolved into solution when using - there should be no sediment on the bottom. Stir occasionally if planting several cuttings. Discard solution after use.
For recirculating systems, add 1 scoop per 5 gallons of water for each nutrient change. Best results are achieved when reservoir pH levels are maintained at 5.8 to 6.0
Mix ½ of a scoop per gallon of water. Soak the individual pot/container. On a 5 gallon pot use 1 quart of solution. This can be applied on a biweekly basis.
|SCOOPS OF E-Z ROOT ||AMOUNT OF WATER |
|1 ||16 oz./1 pint |
|2 ||32 oz./ 1 quart |
For applications rates/instructions for using E-Z Root in greenhouse applications, deep root injections and turf, please refer to the application rates document under the DOCS tab.
Available Phosphate (P2O5)......................0.5%
Soluble Potash (K20).....................................0.5%
Derived from: Bone Meal, Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)
Also contains nonplant food ingredients:
Azospirillum amazonense..........................1.5 x 108_ CFU/g
Azospirillum lipoferum...............................1.5 x 108_ CFU/g
Bacillus subtilis...........................................1.5 x 108 CFU/g