The active ingredient in this OMRI listed, broad spectrum preventative biofungicide/bactericide is Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747. This product can be used as a spray to foliage and fruit or as a drench to plant roots. When used as a soil drench, this naturally occurring bacterium goes straight to the plant's roots, where it will establish itself and grow. This colonization prevents the establishment of disease-carrying bacteria and fungi. When used as a foliar spray, this bacterium will overcome any pathogenic spores present. Spray application is suggested for those diseases affecting leaves, fruit and flowers - anything above ground. Drench application is favored for diseases affecting roots, tubers or any other part that comes in contact with the soil. For best results, it is recommended that plants be treated at the first signs of disease or before disease development. Monterey Complete Disease Control can be applied up to and including the day of harvest.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
- Diseases Controlled - Anthracnose (Colletotrichum species), Bacterial leaf blights, spots and specks (Erwinia, Pseudomonas and Xanthomonas species), Black mold, Brown spot and Black crown rot (Alternaria species), Black spot of roses (Diplocarpon rosae), Gray mold, Botrytis blight, Fruit ot (Botrytis species), Leaf spots (Alternaria, Cercospora, Entomosporium, Helminthosporium, Myrothecium & Septoria species) and Powdery mildews (Podosphaera, Erysiphe, Golovinomyces, Sphaerotheca and Oidium species, Uncinula necator, Oidiopsis taurica, Leveillula taurica)
- Diseases Suppressed - Downy mildew (Bremisa lactucae, Peronospora, Plasmopara species), Early blight (Alternaria solani), Late blight (Phytophthora infestans), Fire blight (Erwinia amylovora), Pin rot (Alternaria/Xanthomonas complex) and Scab (Venturia species)
- Use RTU or mix 1 tsp. of concentrate with 1 gallon of water. Shake well.
- Spray leaves, stems and new shoots to runoff, providing complete coverage of the entire plant.
- Repeat at weekly intervals or as needed (typically every 7-10 days).
- In conditions favorable to rapid disease development, such as high humidity, excessive rain or other conditions of extreme moisture, increase the mixing rate to 1 tbsp. per gallon and shorten the spray interval to every 3-7 days.
- Allow spray to dry at least 4 hours before watering if foliage will also be watered.
Mix 1 tsp. per gallon of water and apply to the soil using one of the following methods:
- For potted plants (indoors or outdoors), use a watering can or tank-fed watering wand to apply sufficient water to wet the entire root mass. Or use a hand-pump or other sprayer to spray the mixture on the surface and then immediately water it into the roots.
- Drench the roots of transplants with approximately 4 fl. oz. of the mixture immediately before transplanting. Allow to soak into the root ball when transplanting.
- For outdoor-grown plants, use a watering can or sprayer to drench the soil in the planting furrow or transplant hole immediately before planting or transplanting.
- Apply in the first watering after planting or transplanting, either by mixing directly into the water or by spraying onto the soil surface and watering it in.
For Lawns/Grassy Areas:
- Mix 1 tsp. of water per gallon of water and apply as a fine spray to the surface area. Typically, 2-5 gals of spray may be required per 1,000 sq. ft. of lawn. Water in the mixture immediately after application.
Environment: For use on ornamental trees, vegetables, fruits, nuts, flowering plants, houseplants, shrubs, and tropical plants grown in and around home gardens and greenhouses.
Storage: Keep in original container. Store away from direct sunlight, feed or foodstuffs. Keep container tightly sealed when not in use.
Shipping Restrictions: ND
Warning & Toxicities: Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing spray mist. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Environmental Hazards: To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747*…………………………….98.85%
OMRI certified and meets National Organic Program (NOP) standards for organic gardening.