Fertilome Rooting Powder is a simple to use propagation aid that has been developed for rooting houseplant and ornamental cuttings. This active ingredient in this product is the well-known and widely used plant hormone Indole-3-butyric Acid. This powder will speed up root development and get your cuttings off to a roaring start.
- 2 ounces of this product should treat approximately 4,500 average cuttings.
- Recommended for use on Azaleas (evergreen types), Chrysanthemums, Chinese Evergreens, Dieffenbachia, Dracaenas, Geraniums, Hydrangeas, Ivy, Lantanas, Pandanus, Veitchi, Pachysandra, Peperomias, Philodendron, Poinsettias, Pothos, and a wide range of other plants.
- Can also be used for general treatment of seeds, bulbs, corms, and roots of ornamental plants.
NOTE: Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed production, or for research purposes. For use on plants intended for aesthetic purposes of climatic modification and being grown in interior landscapes, ornamental gardens or parks, or on lawns and grounds. Do not use on plants that are to be used for food or feed.
Shop all Fertilome products here.
POWDER DIPPING PROCEDURE:
- Select cuttings from a vigorous healthy plant. Tips should be 2" to 8" long. Cuttings should be from stems that are brittle.
- Cut just below a node or leaf with a sharp knife.
- Remove any leaves or flowers at the base of the cutting.
- Before Dipping in Powder, smooth stemmed cuttings should be slightly moistened. Cuttings with rough stems should not be moistened before treatment.
- Dip in Powder to a depth that will cover the stem lightly to a point slightly higher than the cutting will be set in the rooting medium. To remove excess powder, tap on the edge of the container, letting excess fall back into the unused rooting powder.
- Plant: Any rooting medium may be used, but a mixture of sand and peat potting soil has been found very satisfactory for most vegetative reproduction. Be sure that the trench or hole in the soil is large enough so that the powder is not rubbed off when inserting the cuttings. Firm soil around cutting to avoid air pockets. Keep rooting medium moderately moist until roots are established. Treated cuttings should not have less than a 60°F temperature.
GENERAL TREATMENT OF SEEDS, BULBS, CORMS, AND ROOTS OF ORAMENTAL PLANTS:
Place rooting powder and bulbs, corms or roots into a sealed bag or container.
- Shake well to deposit a light coating. Screen off excess powder for future use.
- Two ounces of this product should treat approximately 4,500 average cuttings.
This product is toxic to fish. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high-water mark. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment of disposal of equipment washwaters.
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in tightly closed, original container in a dry, cool, dark, locked area away from children and domestic animals.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,HI
Warning & Toxicities:
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children. Causes eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: