The active ingredient in Bontone II Rooting Powder is the root hormone Indole-3-butyric acid, a well-respected ally of propagators for many years. This particular powder version is super-simple to use (just cut, dip and plant) and extremely cost effective.
Bontone II Rooting Powder is also extremely versatile and can be used on a long list of plants, including (but not limited to):
- Cuttings of woody, herbaceous and flowering ornamental species, vegetables, fruit trees and small fruits
- Root treatments for houseplants and flowers such as Azaleas (evergreen type), Chrysanthemums, Chinese Evergreens, Dieffenbachia, Draceanas, Geraniums, Hydrangeas, Ivy, Lantanas, Pandanus, Veitchi, Pachysandra, Peperomias, Philodendron, Poinsettias and Pathos
- General treatment of bulbs, roots and corms
Coverage Rate: 1.25 oz. of product should treat approximately 2,800 average cuttings.
Shop all Bonide products here
Suggested Uses: Use to speed up root development in cuttings and transplants and to treat seeds, bulbs and corms.
General Application Instructions –
- Take cuttings from a vigorous, healthy plant and remove any leaves or flowers at the base of the cutting.
- Stir cut ends in this product.
- Plant treated cuttings in a rooting medium such as potting soil.
- Mist regularly.
- Keep rooting medium moderately moist until roots are established.
- Treated cuttings should be kept in air temperatures at or above 60°
General Treatment of Seeds, Bulbs, Corms & Roots of Ornamental Plants –
- Place this product and bulbs, corms or roots into a sealed bag or container.
- Shake well to deposit a light coating.
Storage: Store in a tightly closed, original container in a dry, cool, dark, locked area away from children and domestic animals.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Causes eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
Environmental Hazards: This product is toxic to fish. Do not apply directly to water. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of equipment washwaters.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
- 0.10%..........Indole-3-Butyric Acid
- 99.90%........Other Ingredients