The A-G-O (Autocidal Gravid Ovitrap) was originally developed by the CDC to control the mosquitoes that transmit Zika, Dengue Fever, Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, & Chikungunya. This Enoz Trap-N-Kill A-G-O Mosquito Trap version takes this scientifically developed trap and brings it to the home-owner. Mosquitoes are attracted to dark places with stagnant water to lay their eggs in and these traps mimic those locations. All you will need to add to this clever design is water and a little bit of hay or local dried grass. As mosquitoes arrive to the trap they will enter through the top of the Capture Chamber, but they'll be blocked by the metal screen and will land on the Sticky Board and be captured. Some eggs may still fall through and land in the water; but should they hatch they will not survive and cannot escape through the screen. Replace water and hay/grass every 8 weeks or so. Once the season ends, clean and store upside-down until you need it again.
- For outdoor use only
- Pesticide/Poison free
- Reusable traps can be used season after season
- Do not place trap in dishwasher
- Contains 2 traps, each of which has the following components: Top Chamber, Sticky Board, Screen, Bottom Chamber, Lid and 2.5 gallon Water Chamber.
- Additional Sticky Boards are available
Shop all Enoz products here
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Mosquitoes that may carry Zika, Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, & Chikungunya.
Setting up the trap:
- Insert metal screen in bottom half of capture chamber and lock in place with metal wire, by pressing wire down over the screen.
- Pull apart Sticky Boards. Insert one sticky board into the catch chamber, STICKY SIDE FACING TOWARD CENTER.
- Lock the two capture chamber halves by inserting tabs and rotating counterclockwise .
- Add clean water (tap water, non-potable water or rainwater) to the trap, up to the overflow holes. Add one ounce of hay or local dried grass (not included) to the water. This creates an infusion that attracts mosquitoes.
- Securely attach the lid to the trap (If the lid has a tear tab, you'll need to remove it before attaching the lid).
- Seal the capture chamber by firmly pressing into hole of the lid.
- Place trap on the ground, near or under vegetative cover.
For illustrated instructions, click here or refer to the instructions document under the DOCs tab.
To maintain and refill traps:
Check traps on a regular basis to ensure proper operation.
- Keep water levels at least ¼ full at all times.
- Replace trap if damaged, does not hold water, or has holes greater than 1mm wide which allow the mosquitoes to enter the water chamber. Mosquitoes should not be able to enter or leave the bottom water reservoir in any way.
- Replace the water and hay/grass at eight weeks, or sooner if the water becomes foul.
- Replace the Sticky Boards at eight weeks with Enoz Trap-N-Kill A-G-O Mosquito Traps Refill Sticky Boards. Discard used Sticky Boards in regular trash.
- Maintain traps year-round. Do not leave traps filled with water outside if freezing temperatures are expected. Traps may be cleaned and stored upside down for winter storage. Begin using traps in your yard again after freezing temperatures have ended.
Storage: Store product in original container in a cool, dry place.
Shipping Restrictions: Cannot ship USPS
What's In The Package:
Package contains 2 traps, each of which has the following components: Top Chamber, Sticky Board, Screen, Bottom Chamber, Lid and 2.5 gallon Water Chamber. Refill Sticky Boards in packages of 2 are available.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Avoid eye contact. Wash with soap and water after handling.
Write a review
Mosquitoes own my backyard
Jul 17, 2022 | By Candise Beattie