Recycle your kitchen and yard waste into something beneficial for your garden. The Soil Machine PRO provides 7 cubic feet of composting capacity and over 5 gallons of collection space for harvesting compost tea in the base.
Made of 100% recycled black polyethylene resin, the Soil Machine PRO is strong and durable. The handles are uniquely designed for an easy grip and the 12" twist lid keeps compost and heat in while keeping animals out. The Soil Machine PRO comes completely assembled.
Suggestion For Use: Can be placed anywhere that is convenient including outdoor areas, garages and patios. Composting is an important way to reduce waste going to landfills.
Use Biodynamic Compost Starter or EM-1 Microbial Inoculant to accelerate the decomposition process.
- 29" x 22" x 25"
- 7 cubic foot capacity
- 12" twist off lid
- Wheeled base (pictured below)
Shop All Good Ideas Productshere.
SOIL MACHINE® PRO SETUP & USAGE:
- Locate an area that receives plenty of sun for most of the day. If you live in a hotter geographical climate, partial shade is preferred. Optimal composting temperatures are between 120°F-150°F (49°C-65°C) inside the drum.
- Place the composter's base on the ground and set the drum on top so that the wheels are aligned with the drum's track.
- Unscrew the lid and put in organic matter - 2 parts Brown to 1 part Green (see below for more details). Fill between 1/2 - 3/4 full (2/3 full recommended . DO NOT fill completely. DO NOT add more material (see step 4 for exceptions). Wait until current batch is complete, remove compost and start a new batch.
- Rotate at least once a week. If your batch is too dry, add more Green ingredients or water. If your batch is too wet, add more Brown ingredients.
- Compost will be ready when it is dark and crumbly. If you squeeze a handful, it should produce small amounts of liquid (compost tea).
- Use compost as mulch or potting soil or spread like fertilizer.
BROWN - Ashes (wood, cardboard, corn stalks, fruit waste, leaves, peanut shells, newspaper, sawdust, straw and wood chips.
GREEN- Egg shells, clover, coffee grounds, food waste, garden waste, grass clippings, hay, manures (livestock), tea bags, vegetables and weeds (unseeded).
NEVER ADD - Plastic, glass, toxins, metal, meat or meat by-products, diapers, oil, pet waste, cleaners, solvents, treated wood, dairy and fats.
Free ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States. Ships via Ground methods only. Expedited shipping not available.
Shipping Restrictions: Ground Only