This modern and functional 3-quart compost pail is made from stainless brushed steel. The lid helps eliminate odors as it holds a replaceable charcoal filter. Includes a handle so you can easily carry and transfer kitchen scraps to your outdoor compost pile, bin or spinner.
Compost Pail Dimensions: 11" tall, 8" diameter
STAINLESS STEEL COMPOST PAIL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use your Stainless Steel Compost Pail to hold food scraps until transferred to an outdoor compost bin
- Replace charcoal filters every 2-6 months (not included*) or when odors or no longer contained.
- To replace the charcoal filter, simply turn the lid over and pull out the filter. Insert a new filter in a similar fashion.
- Hand wash interior of kitchen composter with dish detergent and water. Remove charcoal filter before washing.
- Mix with compost in a composter or compost pile.
- Empty the kitchen composter about once a week.
- You only need to wash the kitchen composter when it becomes heavily saturated with mold or other organic bits/contaminants. You can rinse the interior each time it is emptied. Spray with a garden hose or use water from a rain barrel. Plants prefer chlorine-free water.
- Sometimes you may need to add supplements to your compost such as accelerator to boost composting speed or coco fiber to balance a wet batch (both options sold separately).
- For best results, mix brown and green composting ingredients 2:1. That's two brown for every green. This should give your compost the best results See below for details:
BROWN - Ashes (wood, cardboard, corn stalks, fruit waste, leaves, peanut shells, newspaper, sawdust, straw and wood chips.
GREEN - Egg shells, clover, coffee grounds, food waste, garden waste, grass clippings, hay, manures (livestock), tea bags, vegetables and weeds (unseeded).
NEVER ADD - Plastic, glass, toxins, metal, meat or meat by-products, diapers, oil, pet waste, cleaners, solvents, treated wood, dairy and fats.
*Charcoal filters can be purchased online, or you can make your own from materials purchased from a local hardware store. Be sure whatever you use is non-toxic and safe for use around plants.