Ships Monday-Thursday. Ships via Overnight methods. See Shipping Info for more information.
Cryptolaemus montrouzieri is a small dark brown ladybug with an orange head and tail. The larvae are up to 13mm long and are white with a wax like covering. The pupae are found in sheltered places; stems, underside of leaves, greenhouse structures.
Preferred food: The adults and larvae feed on all stages of the mealybugs. Young Cryptolaemus and larvae prefer mealybug eggs and smaller stages of the mealybug. When no mealybugs are available Cryptolaemus will also feed on aphids, immature life stages of scale, mites, thrips, whitefly, and other soft bodied insects.
We ship Cryptolaemus montrouzieri as adults. They are most effective in severe infestations. Cryptolaemus work best in temperatures between 64 – 81° F and relative humidity of 70% or greater. They are ideally suited for greenhouses releases.
- 5 per infested plant
- 250 - 2,000 per acre.
- First release should be in early spring.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Multiple species of Mealybug (Planococcus citri, Pseudococcus sp.), Vine Mealybug (Planococcus ficus)
- Do not be alarmed if they are sluggish when you first open the box. The beetles will revive within 20 minutes when exposed to fresh air and indirect light.
- Release Cryptolaemus montrouzieri in the evening or early morning. Avoid releasing in bright sunlight or artificial light.
- Light stimulates Cryptolaemus to fly away.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Pond & Environment, Interiorscapes, Container Plants
- Do not store longer than 1 day.
- If not releasing immediately, keep in a place 61°–81° and out of direct sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate Cryptolaemus. Refrigeration will harm viability.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships Monday-Thursday via Overnight methods.
- Orders will be shipped the next available shipping date after processing.
- Order processing can take 24-48 hours.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
Shelf Life: Use within 18 hours of receipt.