CowPots are biodegradable, ready-to-plant pots made from composted cow manure. Made on a family dairy farm in Connecticut, these pots offer multiple for benefits for your plants.
- USDA Certified 100% Biobased
- Waste-Free Growing - Each CowPot is designed to be planted whole and will break down completely into your soil over a single growing season.
- Protection from transplant shock
- Decomposing CowPots provide additional organic matter to your soil.
- Growing roots can easily penetrate the CowPot, which eliminates root-bound plants and spurs air pruning.
- Can be planted directly into patio containers, flowerpots, raised beds and gardens
- 100% sustainable - The cattle from the dairy farm provide a continuous supply of the manure that is the source material for the pots.
- Odor-free - CowPots are heat-treated to reduce offensive odors.
- An excellent natural alternative to plastic or peat pots
#3 Round CowPots Specifics -
- Dimensions: 3-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 3-3/8
- The round shape allows for maximum ventilation and air circulation amongst the pots, which helps with long-term durability.
- The perfect size for classroom and gardening activities with children.
- An excellent choice for seed starting of herbs, vegetables and other annuals that will be transferred to containers or directly transplanted into gardens.
- Can be used for up to 12 weeks before needing to be transplanted.
Shop All Cowpots Products here.
Fill the CowPots with potting soil mix and plant seeds according to the directions on the seed packet or transplant seedling into pot.
- If possible, leave space between pots to maximize air circulation (improves pot performance and plant health). Water and fertilize as needed.
- CowPots can be top or bottom watered.
- Manure naturally retains moisture – make sure not to over-water.
- Give the pot time to harden between watering (prevents over-watering and reduces mold-forming spores).
- Allow pots to dry before handling (pots are fragile when wet).
- Pots turn dark brown when wet and light brown when it's time to water again.
- When seedlings are ready for planting, place entire CowPot into soil, cover and water.
- Do not break up the pot (could cause damage to the roots and transplant shock).
- Plant entire pot and cover completely with soil.