The Compost Wizard Dual Senioris made in the USA. It is a unique compost tumbler that has 2 separate 40-gallon chambers that have a total capacity of about 11 cubic feet of compost. You can be 'cooking' in one chamber and adding to the other. It eliminates the need for multiple compost units - perfect for smaller gardens and patio homes.
Compost Wizards are made of 100% recycled, BPA free black plastic that is FDA approved for contact with edibles.
Setup is easy as all you need to do is place the bin on the base and add compostable material. The Compost Wizard Dual Senior does not have a compost tea collector in the base. Check out the Soil Machine Pro, Compost Wizard Dueling Tumbler, Compost Wizard Hybrid, and the Compost Wizard Jr. for compost bins with compost tea collectors.
Suggestion For Use: Can be placed anywhere that is convenient including outdoor areas, garages and patios. Composting is an important way to reduce waste going to landfills.
Use Bio-Dynamic Compost Starter or EM-1 Microbial Inoculant to accelerate the decomposition process.
- 36" x 28" x 29"
- 11 cubic foot capacity
- Wheeled base (pictured below)
Shop All Good Ideas Productshere.
COMPOST WIZARD® DUAL SENIOR SETUP & USAGE:
- Locate an area that receives plenty of sun for most of the day. If you live in a hotter geographical climate, partial shade is preferred. Optimal composting temperatures are between 120°F-150°F (49°C-65°C) inside the drum.
- Place the composter's base on the ground and set the drum on top so that the wheels are aligned with the drum's track.
- Unscrew the lid and put in organic matter - 2 parts Brown to 1 part Green (see below for more details). Fill between 1/2 - 3/4 full (2/3 full recommended). DO NOT fill completely. DO NOT add more material (see step 4 for exceptions). Wait until current batch is complete, remove compost and start a new batch.
- Rotate at least once a week. If your batch is too dry, add more Green ingredients or water. If your batch is too wet, add more Brown ingredients.
- Compost will be ready when it is dark and crumbly. If you squeeze a handful, it should produce small amounts of liquid (compost tea).
- Use compost as mulch or potting soil or spread like fertilizer.
BROWN - Ashes (wood, cardboard, corn stalks, fruit waste, leaves, peanut shells, newspaper, sawdust, straw and wood chips.
GREEN- Egg shells, clover, coffee grounds, food waste, garden waste, grass clippings, hay, manures (livestock), tea bags, vegetables and weeds (unseeded).
NEVER ADD - Plastic, glass, toxins, metal, meat or meat by-products, diapers, oil, pet waste, cleaners, solvents, treated wood, dairy and fats.
Free ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States. Ships via Ground methods only. Expedited shipping not available.