Everything about this composter has been re-sized to let you start producing garden gold in a small space! Both the composting chamber and the base have been scaled down from the 12 cubic foot Compost Wizard. The Compost Wizard Jr. holds 7 cubic feet of material which sits on the wheeled base. The twist off lid is 12" in diameter allowing for easy loading and unloading.
The Compost Wizard Jr. is:
Ideal temperatures inside the drums should reach between 120°-150°F. We recommend using a good quality compost thermometer, such as the REOTEMP® Compost Thermometer to track the internal temperature of the chamber. When the chamber is too hot or too cool the composting process stops.
Suggestion For Use: Can be placed anywhere that is convenient including outdoor areas, garages and patios. Composting is an important way to reduce waste going to landfills.
To start composting:
- Easy set up - simply locate the unit on level ground, make sure that the wheels of the base are aligned with the drum's track.
- Place compost tumbler in full sun (cooler climates) to partial sun(warm & hot climates).
- For the best start, fill between ½ - ¾ full with 2 parts brown (dry) plant material and 1 part green (living) plant material or coffee grounds.
- Rotate the tumbler as you add new material – make sure to rotate at least once per week.
- Make sure that the material in the chamber remains moist, but not wet.