Ships via Overnight methods on Tuesdays Only. 7-day minimum lead time prior to shipment. See Shipping Info for details. For Delivery Only. Not available in store.
Eretmocerus eremicus is a whitefly parasite used for prevention and control of low infestations of whiteflies. This parasitic wasp lays its eggs underneath whitefly nymphs, where they hatch and begin feeding on the whitefly. E. eremicus prefer 2nd instar whitefly larvae of the Silverleaf and Sweet Potato Whitefly. Use Encarsia formosa to control Greenhouse Whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum).
Established populations of E. eremicus can provide whitefly control on a crop through a full growing season; however, preventative releases are the most effective. These whitefly parasites work well in combination with Green Lacewing and can be released indoors or outdoors. The full life cycle from egg laying to adult emergence is approximately 22 days.
Benefits of E. eremicus:
- Effective in warm climates. Tolerates high daytime temperatures and low nighttime temperatures.
- Easily noticeable when developing. Easy to scout and measure parasite to pest numbers.
- Efficient parasites; find hosts quickly. Rapid feeders compared to other parasites.
The product you receive consists of whitefly pupae that have been parasitized with Eretmocerus eremicus
. The wasps usually begin hatching within 1-2 days. Adult females are yellow and adult males are brownish-yellow with thick, clubbed antennae. The other stages of the Eretmocerus
develop inside the whitefly host. The pupae are easily recognized because the larvae of the Eretmocerus (the parasite) moves the intestines of the whitefly larvae to its periphery.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
This product works as a beneficial insect for control of the following: Bandedwinged Whitefly, Greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), Silverleaf whitefly (Bemisia sp), Sweet Potato Whitefly (Bemisia tabaci)
Release Rates: Release rates vary depending upon crop, infestation and season of the year.
- For prevention, use 1 parasite for 10 sq. ft.
- For low infestations (less than 1 adult whitefly per 50-100 plants) release 1 parasite per 1 sq. ft. weekly for a minimum of 5 weeks.
- For high infestations, use 5 parasites per 1 sq. ft. for a minimum of 5 weeks.
Make sure that the cards are suspended below plant tops. Cards can be put on stakes or hung from the edge of a pot. Place as close to whitefly populations as possible. Do not forget to pull the back flap down to release the Eretmocerus
- Do not touch the eggs or pupae.
- Do not hang them in direct sunlight.
Wasps begin hatching within 1-2 days. Leave the cards in place for at least 10 days to allow all eggs to hatch. Approximately one week after introduction you can look for parasitized whitefly pupae which are easily distinguished from non-parasitized pupae.
Environment: Aquaponics, Crops, Greenhouse, Grow Room, HoopHouses, Hydroponics, Nursery, Orchards & Vineyards, Shadehouse, Vegetable Gardens
Storage: Use immediately upon delivery for best results. Store at 40°F for no more than one night. Release the following morning.
Viability Note: If you plan to check for viability, please do so upon receipt and prior to releasing the beneficial insects. Many predators and parasites are small and can be difficult to spot once released. If you believe there are issues with viability, please contact us at 1-800-827-2847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships via Overnight shipping methods only. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight Shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Orders ship on Tuesdays only.
- Order by Tuesday for shipment the following Tuesday. 7-day minimum lead time prior to shipment.
- For any questions about shipping restrictions, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
What's In The Package: Shipped as 20 Blister Packs with 250 pupae per blister pack. Contains approximately 5,000 developing E. eremicus in total. Eggs are shipped on blister pack cards that can be hung directly on the plants. Release immediately upon receipt.
Shelf Life: Release as soon as possible after receipt.