Ships via overnight methods on Wednesdays only. Order by Tuesday for shipment the following week. Not available in store.
Preferred food: Various species of whitefly and other arthropod pests.
Delphastus catalinae is used extensively in ornamental and agricultural crops for control of sweet potato whitefly, also known as silverleaf whitefly. Highly compatible with organic integrated pest management programs, these predatory beetles feed and reproduce quickly, making them valuable in reducing existing whitefly populations. In the absence of high whitefly numbers, Delphastus will feed on spider mites and aphids.
Shipment & Biology: Delphastus are shipped as adults. Both adults and larvae feed on whitefly eggs with each adult consuming up to 160 daily. Adult Delphastus will also feed on whitefly larvae, effectively interrupting the whitefly's life cycle. They avoid parasitized nymphs making them ideal for use with Encarsia formosa and/or Eretmocerus eremicus.
Release Rates: Release at first sign of whiteflies for best results.
- Light Releases – 10 adults per infested plant. Weekly releases for 3-4 weeks.
- Moderate Releases – 100 adults per whitefly "hot spot". Weekly releases for 4 weeks.
- Heavy releases – 500 adults per whitefly "hot spot". Weekly releases for 4 weeks.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Azalea & Hibiscus Whitefly (Pealius spp.), Bandedwinged Whitefly (Trialeurodes abutiloneus), Citrus Blackfly (Aleurocanthus woglumi), Citrus & Rhododendron Whitefly (Dialeurodes spp.), Greenhouse Whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), Silverleaf whitefly (Bemisia spp.), Sweet Potato Whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), Wooly Whitefly (Aleurothrixus floccosus)
Release Delphastus directly onto affected crop areas. Use monitored "hot spots" with high whitefly populations to determine best locations to release. If you have questions about using this beneficial insect, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Container Plants
Storage: If not releasing immediately, keep in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. 65-90°F, 75%RH
- Overnight shipping required. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Delphastus catalinae ships on Wednesdays Only.
- Order by Tuesday for shipment the following week.
- For the earliest ship dates, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
Shipping Restrictions: Overnight
Shelf Life: Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Write a review
great against white fly larvae
Oct 10, 2020 | By Kendric Lum