Effective Bioinsecticide & Miticide For Broad Spectrum Pest Control On Agricultural Crops In Fields & Greenhouses!
Venerate uses killed cells of the Burkholderia spp. strain A396 and spent fermentation media to control insects in fields and greenhouses. It works within several modes of action: It's toxic when ingested, degrades insect exoskeletons and interferes with the molting process. Any one of those can cause mortality in target pests; but Venerate combines them for maximum control. These modes of action also reduce risk of target insects developing resistance making it effective as part of Insect Resistance Management programs.
Venerate offers broad spectrum control against a wide range of foliar feeding insects and plant feeding mites. These include aphids, beetles, whiteflies, russet mites, thrips, leafhoppers, stink bugs, lygus bugs and more. It is effective against both adults and nymphs.
Benefits of Venerate
OMRI listed Venerate
- Proven effective for controlling persistent pest infestations.*
- 0-day PHI (Pre-harvest Interval)
- 4-hour REI (Restricted-Entry Interval)
- MRL (Maximum Residue Limit) Exempt
is suitable for conventional and organic gardening. Apply it as a foliar spray to most agricultural crops through ground or aerial equipment. No spray buffer is required and there is no limit to the number of applications per season.
*The Asian Citrus Psyllid is a devastating pest that poses a dire threat to the citrus industry. Conventional pesticides have proven ineffective at controlling these psyllids; however, Venerate has shown high mortality rates to the ACP when used with Grandevo throughout the affected crop. Both are labeled specifically for use against this pest in citrus.
Application Rates: Apply 1-4 qts/acre on a 7-day interval. For smaller scale applications, use 2-4 tbsp./gal. Applicators can alternate with another product on a 7-day interval. No spray buffers are needed and there are no limits on the number of applications per season. Use the Cannabis Pest & Disease Control sheet for cannabis-specific application rates.
Caution: Avoid applying Venerate when beneficial insects are active in the application area. While it poses less risk than conventional chemical pesticides, Venerate can still negatively impact beneficial populations. Wait 48 hours after the last application to release beneficials in the treatment area. If you have questions about using Venerate with beneficial insects or other sprays, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
CG (Cultivated Garden) versions are labeled for Greenhouse, Ornamental, Cannabis and Hemp needs in mind. CG products contain no live bacteria in order to pass cannabis testing requirements.
Shop All Marrone Bio Innovations Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Aphidoidea),Broad Mites, Russet Mites, Spider Mites, Leafhoppers, Stink bugs (Halyomorpha halys), Lygus, Armyworms (Pseudaletia unipuncta), Asian Citrus Psyllid (ACP), Cutworms, Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD), Loopers, Sharpshooters, Mites, Earworms, Caterpillars/Moths, Beetles and more.
Mix with water and apply as a foliar spray. Close scouting and early attention to infestations is highly recommended. Proper timing of application targeting newly hatched larvae, nymphs or immature pests is important for optimal results.
- Thorough coverage of infested plant parts is necessary for effective control. For some crops, directed drop nozzles by ground machine are required.
- Repeat applications at an interval sufficient to maintain control, usually 3-10 days depending on plant growth, insect and mite activity and other factors. If attempting to control an insect population with a single application, make the treatment when egg hatch is essentially complete but before economic damage occurs.
- Under heavy pest populations, use the higher label rates, shorten the spray interval and increase the spray volume to improve coverage and/or apply in tank mixture with another product that has activity on the target pest.
- The use of adjuvants with Venerate is not recommended, except to improve control of insect pests in situations where achieving uniform plant coverage is difficult such as closed crop canopy, dense foliage and penetration into waxy leaf surfaces.
- Bees and beneficial insects: To minimize potential risk to bees and other pollinating insects, do not apply while bees are foraging. Do not allow product to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are foraging. Minimize spray drift away from the target area to reduce effects on non-target insects. Most other beneficial insects can safely be released 24-48 hours after the last application of Venerate.
For more details on applications for specific crops and pests, please refer to the label. It can be found under the MSDS tab.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze.
Call us at 1-800-827-2847 for California deliveries and allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CA
Venerate XC CANNOT be shipped to California.
Venerate CG CAN be shipped to California.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wear goggles or safety glasses. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Venerate has been evaluated for toxicity to non-target insects in a variety of bioassays and on a variety of crops under various normal growing conditions. However, testing all beneficial insects, in all situations, mixtures and combinations is not feasible. Prior to treating entire crops where the release of beneficial insects serve as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program, consult with an extension specialist, a pest control advisor (PCA) or with the product manufacturer.
Environmental Hazards: For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. See the Directions for Use section of the label for application instructions that minimize the risk to bees and other beneficial insects, including those used in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs or organic agriculture.
Shelf Life: 3 years
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: 94.46%........Heat-killed Burkholderia spp. strain A396 cells and spent fermentation media*
*Contains not less than 1,500 Beet Armyworm Killing Units (BAWKU)/mg. Note: The percent active ingredient does not indicate product performance and potency measurements are not federally standardized.