Highly Effective Biopesticide for Continued Control of Crop-Damaging Pest Insects and Mites!
Grandevo uses the bacterium Chromobacterium subtsugae strain PRAA4-1T to provide long-lasting, broad spectrum control of sucking and chewing insects. Grandevo's mode of action is multi-faceted; it is toxic to insects and mites when ingested, reduces reproduction rates and repels pests after application. This OMRI listed and NOP compliant organic pesticide/miticide can be a valuable part of any IPM (Integrated Pest Management) program. Simply mix with water and apply as a foliar spray to affected crops. Grandevo can be used on a wide range of edible crops in field and greenhouse applications for the control of a long list of labeled pests.
Benefits of Grandevo:
- Increased Plant Health & Yields – Limits damage to crops and stays working to suppress secondary outbreaks.
- 0-day pre-harvest interval (PHI). Use up to the day of harvest.
- 4-hour re-entry interval (REI).
- Managed Resistance – Ideal for use with IRM (Insect Resistance Management) programs. Insects are less able to develop resistance over time compared to traditional insecticides due to the Grandevo's various modes of action. Combine with resistance-susceptible pesticides to improve the effectiveness of your spraying program.
- Reduced Harm to Pollinators & Beneficials – While no pesticide is completely harmless to beneficials, Grandevo poses less hazard than other similar pesticides. For instance, it will repel honeybees for 4-6 days after spraying but has no acute toxicity to them.
- For Organic Use – OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) listed and NOP (National Organic Program) compliant.
- Production Flexibility – Can be used in both greenhouse, indoor and field applications.
- Residue exempt (maximum residue limit – MRL) and CODEX exempt.
Grandevo is also available as water dispersible granules: Grandevo WDG
Suggested Uses: For use as an insecticide/miticide in fields and greenhouses to control a wide range of plant feeding pests (listed below).
Application Rates: Refer to the Small Tank Mixes/Use Rates sheet for smaller scale applications.
- Cannabis-Specific Pest & Disease Control
- Ground and aerial applications: Use sufficient water to provide thorough coverage of infested plant parts. The amount of water needed per acre will depend upon crop development, weather, application equipment and local experience.
- Greenhouse Applications: Use 1-3 lbs/100 gals. of water sprayed until just before point of runoff.
- Tank Mix Programs: Apply 1-2 lbs/acre.
- Rotational Programs: Apply 2-3 lbs/acre when alternating.
Shop All Marrone Bio Innovations Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Aphidoidea), Armyworms (Pseudaletia unipuncta), Asian Citrus Psyllid (ACP) (ACP), Beetles, Caterpillars, Cutworms, Earworms, Leafhoppers, Loopers, Lygus, Mealybugs (Pseudococcidae), Mites, Moths, Sharpshooters, Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD), Thrips(Thysanoptera), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea) and more.
Use the Product Label to determine the best application rate and for application recommendations by applicator and crop type. Close scouting and early attention to infestations is highly recommended. For insects and mites, proper timing of application targeting new populations or recently hatched larvae is important for optimal results. Applying when populations are low is recommended.
- This product temporarily repels honeybees, for 4-6 days after spraying. If possible, time applications so that pollination is not disrupted.
- For insects and mites, thorough coverage of infested plant parts is necessary for effective control. Grandevo does not have systemic activity. For some crops, directed drop nozzles by ground machine are required.
- Under heavy pest populations, apply a knockdown insecticide prior to or in a tank mix with Grandevo. Use the higher label rates, shorten the spray interval and/or increase the spray volume to improve coverage.
- Repeat applications at an interval sufficient to maintain control, depending upon plant growth rate, insect and mite activity and other factors. If attempting to control an insect population with a single application, make the treatment when egg hatch is essentially complete but when larvae or nymphs are young and before economic damage occurs.
- To enhance control, consider tank mixing with contact insecticides/miticides. Use the lower label rates when populations are low and when tank mixing with other insecticides/miticides. Use the higher rates when applied stand-alone, when populations are high or when egg numbers are high.
- For hard-to-wet crops, consider using a spreader/sticker or adjuvant that has been targeted for crop use to enhance coverage and adhesion to the crop.
- Grandevo has been evaluated for phototoxicity on a variety of crops under various normal growing conditions. However, testing on all crop varieties, in all mixtures and combinations, is not feasible. Prior to treating entire crop, test a small portion of the crop for sensitivity.
- Do not spray when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended for use. For more details on applications for specific crops and pests, please refer to the label. It can be found under the MSDS tab.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store container in a cool, dry place. Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill container.
Warning & Toxicities: HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Keep out of reach of children. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wear goggles or safety glasses. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before re-use.
- This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas.
- This product is toxic to certain non-target terrestrial arthropods. Minimize spray drift away from target area to reduce effects to non-target insects.
- For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Shelf Life: 3 years
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: 30.00%...........Chromobacterium subtsugae strain PRAA4-1T and spent fermentation media*
*Contains not less than 1000 Cabbage Looper Killing Units (CLKU)/mg. Note: The percent active ingredient does not indicate product performance and potency measurements are not federally standardized.
Write a review
Jul 24, 2021 | By Aaron W. Appleton
Aug 16, 2020 | By Kevin