Many people consider Yellow Jackets and Wasps dangerous nuisances in their yards and gardens. However, they are actually very beneficial as efficient predators for plant-eating insects, such as caterpillars, and nuisance insects like spiders and flies. For this reason, we recommend only trapping Yellow Jackets and Wasps when human or pet health is at risk.
This bright, re-usable trap employs three effective mechanisms to trap and eliminate Yellowjackets, Wasps and Hornets - color, attractant, and design. This special yellow color of the trap combined with the lure creates an irresistible draw for the insects. This trap also has side entry holes that are just the right size and shape to make entry easy but escape difficult. This easy-to-use trap can be hung in a tree (or elsewhere) or placed on the ground (or any flat surface). When placing this trap, remember that it is designed to attract large numbers of insects, so be sure keep it away from where people and pets gather.
- Fill and go - no noisy zappers, insect repellents, batteries, or electrical cords
- Not for indoor use
- Bait included and refills are available
- Adjustable cable tie included for easy placement and removal
- Do not put trap in dishwasher
- For best results, use 4-6 traps per yard
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to trap and kill Yellow Jackets (Vespula spp.), Wasps (Vespula spp.) and Hornets (Vespa spp.).
Not recommended for indoor use.
For best results, use 4-6 traps per yard.
- Remove bait packet and cable tie from jar.
- Fill jar ½ full with sugar water, apple juice or other non-citrus juice.
- Add 2 drops of dish soap and contents of bait packet to liquid in jar.
- To increase catches, add a dime size portion of protein bait like fish, cat food, hot dog or hamburger meat.
- Hang the trap securely away from food areas and out of reach of children and pets. Traps can also be placed on the ground or other flat surface.
- The enclosed adjustable cable tie can be looped through the pre-attached hanger to secure the trap to larger tree branches or fence posts. Cable tie can be easily removed or adjusted by pressing down on the clip to release the end.
- Rinse and re-bait trap when it's full of insects.
- Do not place in jar in dishwasher to clean.
Storage: Store product in original container in a cool, dry place
What's In The Package: Package contains 1 plastic jar trap, 1 cable tie, and one packet of bait.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Shelf Life: NA