- Shipping Info
This French import has proven to be successful in most regions of the United States. Nantes Scarlet carrots are a classic carrot, vivid orange with that delicious crunch. These carrots have a fine-grained flesh and virtually no core. They will be cylindrical with blunt ends and grow to about 6-7" long, but you can pick them smaller for baby carrots. This carrot variety stores well, which is a good thing as they will continue to produce all season, as long as they are mulched. The sweetness and high moisture content of this carrot make it exceptional for juicing.
Days To Maturity: 65-75
- Carrots must be direct sown.
- For an early crop, sow seeds in spring as soon as soil can be worked. Choose a location that's well-drained with light, sandy or humus type soil and that gets 6-8 hours of full sun.
- Mix the amount of seeds to be sown with a bit of sand to facilitate even sowing. Firm ½" fine soil over seeds, keep moist until seedlings appear.
- Carrots can take 14-21 days to germinate. Soak seeds overnight in water to speed germination.
- When 1½ "high, thin to 1-2".
- Water weekly in dry weather.
- Make successive sowings every 3-5 weeks, depending on the rate of carrot usage.
What's In The Package: Approximately 500 seeds per packet.