Any number of insects want to get to your trees' foliage. Some want to feast on the greenery and fruit, while others are searching for a sheltered spot to mate and lay their eggs. All of them are damaging to trees' health in the long run and can be devastating to fruit production in the short term. One of the best ways to control these type of pests is the relatively low-tech practice of applying a wrapping around the trunk that is coated with adhesive. These wraps will keep any insects from crawling up to the foliage. It will also stop those insects that are poor flyers as they hop up the trunk.
- Traps insects, but will not capture birds or small animals.
- Adhesive is non-toxic and can be removed from hands/skin with vegetable oil.
- Remove and replace wrap when it is covered with insects or debris.
- Extra adhesive can be added at any time (Sticky Stuff Adhesive).
Suggested Uses: Use to prevent crawling insects from getting to your tree foliage to feed, mate and lay eggs.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Ants, Cankerworms, Codling Moths, Cutworms, Earwigs, Elm Leaf Beetles, Gypsy Moths, Procession Caterpillars, Spotted Lanternflies, Tent Caterpillars, Weevils and Winter Moths. Please Note: This is list is not meant to comprehensive; instead, it's meant to represent the type of insects Stiky Tree Wrap will capture.
The Stiky Tree Wrap should be placed around the tree approximately 3 to 4 feet above the ground.
- Apply the shiny brown surface to the tree with the white side facing out. When using on rough bark trees, it is necessary to put soft foam or padding under the wrap to prevent insects from crawling under it.
- Wrap it around the tree until it meets the starting point, overlapping so there are no gaps.
- Fasten it to the tree with stick pins or staples (not included).
- Remove the white paper that's covering the adhesive and discard it in the trash (it is non-toxic).
- Your Stiky Tree Wrap is now ready to capture insects.
- Remove wrap and discard in the trash when it becomes covered in insects or debris.
What's In The Package: 7" x 36" sticky trap band (x15)