IV Organic® 3-in-1 Plant Guard Spray-On is a convenient and environmentally safe spray-on formula that offers the same triple protection of IV Organic® 3-in-1 Plant Guard™ to protect your trees and plants from insects, the sun and rodents. The essential oils offer insecticidal and repellent properties and this formulation uses 3 potent natural oils (Castor, Garlic and Cinnamon) to cover your trees or plants with protection. Insects and small animal pests are not the only threats to your trees, the sun itself presents danger. Sunburn and sunscald (when the temperature spikes suddenly during normally cold winter months) can cause great stress to a tree; they cause the bark to crack, which can invite pests and parasites in, and can lead to ultimately to death.
- For use on Roses, Fruit & Nut Trees, Ornamental Trees and Shrubs.
- Can be used up to 3 times (3x)a year.
- Reduces the risk of trunk, branch, and foliage damage caused by summer sunburn, winder sunscald and insect and rodent activity.
- The oils in this paint work to deter insects in a number of ways. Many insects will be repelled initially by the odors; but, if they linger, they will be coated and smothered by the oils. Should an insect be foolish enough to ingest some of this paint, it will serve as a growth regulator by killing them and, thus, preventing future generations.
- Castor oil is a proven pest deterrent; it has a taste that most rodents and other small animal pests find repugnant. After tasting this on your trees, they will shortly move to more flavorful pastures.
- Contains Diatomaceous Earth for yet another layer of protection from crawling insects.
- This product dries on porous, which allows moisture and nutrients to pass (ex. pruned branches and foliar feeding) through coated surfaces, unlike latex paint and tar-based products.
Approved by the Organic Trade Association.
Shop All IV Organic Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids, Ants, Beetles, Caterpillars, Mites, Scale insects, Slugs and Snails, Termites and Whiteflies. Also effective against rodents, including Rats, Mice, Rabbits, Squirrels and Voles.
Protect newly installed plants and trees that are especially susceptible to excess sunlight and damage by insects.
- Thoroughly shake contents before use.
- Coat all exposed leaves, branches and trunk to prevent sun stress and sunburn, especially at times of extreme heat.
- Always test a small area and wait a few days to ensure damage does not occur.
- First year bark growth on some species are typically too waxy for good adhesion of this product, requiring second and third coats to accomplish full coverage.
- Apply up to three times (3x) a year.
Storage: Store unused product in a cool and shaded (or dark) location.
Warning & Toxicities:
- Do not consume this product.
- If product gets into eyes, flush immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes.
- Wearing gloves is recommended to avoid any possibility of skin irritation.
Shelf Life: Product should be used within one year of use.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Iron Oxide, Limestone, Mica,
Milk, Silica, Diatomaceous Earth
(anticaking & oil absorbent).......1%
Write a review
sprayer handle stopped working
May 1, 2022 | By Jennifer Moore
It didn't do anything
Jul 28, 2020 | By Madeline
3 in 1 IV Organic Plant Guard Spray
Jul 10, 2020 | By Yaima
So far so good
Apr 2, 2018 | By Lonnie
Owner Response: Good to hear! Let us know how it works through the rest of the season.
Mar 9, 2018 | By Frank