- Shipping Info
Ships via Overnight methods on Wednesdays only. Order by Tuesday for shipment the following week. See Shipping Info or call us a 1-800-827-2847 for details.
Use these predatory mites with other spider mite predators to combat & control high spider mite populations.
Best option for high temperature, low humidity growing! Spider mite destroyers (Stethorus punctillum) are efficient locators of spider mite colonies in greenhouse, field crops, nurseries and indoor growing. Actually tiny ladybugs, S. punctillum eat more than 40 mites per day as adults and lay eggs near pest mite colonies. They will eat all stages of spider mites and find new infestation sites on their own by flying making them ideal for established mite populations.
Release S. punctillum once infestations are spotted or in environments where P. persimilis are not effective (high temperature/low humidity).
Optimal Conditions: 67-90°F, 30-90% RH. Known to survive temperatures over 100° in field crop applications.
Release Rates: Some crops, including tomatoes & other highly resinous crops, require higher release rates.
- General Releases – Release at least 100 adults per "hot spot" or 10 adults per infested plant. Make weekly releases for 3-4 weeks.
- Low Rate – Use the general rate above or release 1 beetle per 10 sq. ft. biweekly for three weeks.
- Moderate Rate – Release 1-2 beetles per 10 sq. ft. weekly for 4 weeks.
- High Rate – Release 200 adults per "hot spot" or 3-4 beetles per 10 sq. ft. weekly until established in all infested areas.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Brown Almond Mite (Bryobia rubrioculus), European Red Mite (Panonychus ulmi), Southern Red Mite (Oligonychus ilicis), Spider Mite (Mult), Spruce Red Mite (Oligonychus ununguis), Two-Spotted Spider Mite (Tetranychus urticae)
PLEASE NOTE: All Mite Predators require additional processing time due to rearing and collection times. Additional information can be found on the Shipping Tab to identify the earliest shipment date. If you have questions about shipment dates, orders can be placed with our sales representatives at 1-800-827-2847.
Release adult beetles into mite infested areas and look for signs of reproduction (larvae, pupae, and adults) after four weeks. Stethorus punctillum are more mobile than other predatory mites but take longer to establish, so releases of predators like P. persimilis or N. californicus should also be made in the growing area.
Environment: Outdoors, Row Crops, Orchards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Interiorscapes, Container Plants
Storage: Do not refrigerate. If not using immediately, keep in a cool place out of direct sunlight. 73-77°F, 60% RH
- Overnight shipping required. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Stethorus punctillum ships on Wednesdays Only.
- Order by Tuesday for shipment the following Wednesday.
- For the earliest ship dates, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
What's In The Package: 100 adult S. punctillum in a 1 oz. bottle.
Shelf Life: Use within 18 hours of receipt.