Now OMRI Listed!
SNS 209 Systemic Pest Control approaches the problem of insect pest control by working within the plant itself. This unique organic formula contains rosemeric acid, a derivative of the rosemary plant, that the plant will uptake and spread throughout its vascular system. The presence of rosemeric acid in the plant cells forms a barrier that insects find distasteful. Once a feeding insect comes in contact with the rosemeric acid, they retreat and look for a more suitable food source. Contact with rosemeric acid can be fatal depending on the size of the pest affected and that pest's maturity.
Since SNS 209 works within the plant tissue, it provides long term control of a broad spectrum of insect pests. SNS 209 will stay in the plant's leaves, stems and roots and cannot be diluted or washed away by the elements as is the case with foliar sprays. SNS 209 will protect all parts of the plants from a medley of insect attacks. For instance, protected roots will keep grubs and root aphids away while protected stems and leaves will repel the likes of aphids and thrips. Another advantage to the systemic action of this product is that you can use it without fear of harming bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects since they are not actively feeding on the plant.
There is no Restricted Entry Interval (REI), either, so you can spray this product as needed, when needed. SNS 209 Systemic Pest Control has been reviewed and found to be compliant with the National Organic Program (NOP).
Shop All Sierra Natural Sciences (SNS) Products here.
Suggested Uses: For use controlling and repelling Spider Mites, Whiteflies, Fungus Gnats, Thrips, Root Aphids, Scale and more on fruit trees and in vegetable, flower and herb gardens as well as in greenhouses and hydroponics.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia coprophila, Bradysia impatiens), Thrips (Thysanoptera), Root Aphids, Scales (Coccoidea) and other plant feeding insects.
For best absorption (and results), use warm (70°F) distilled or chlorine-free water with low salt content.
|SNS-209 Systemic Insecticide Application Rates|
|Soil Drench For Potted Plants || Coverage= 1 gallon of mixed solution per 5 gallon potted plant or 115 square feet. |
1. Mix ½ tablespoon (8 mL) of concentrate to 1 gallon (3.79L) of water.
2. SNS-209 can be added directly to your reservoir.
3. Mix well and gently feed solution directly onto the root area of the plants every time you water or fertilize.
4. Thoroughly drench to contact as much of the root area as possible.
5. Apply for a minimum of 5 consecutive waterings or until infestation reduces.
6. Repeat after 2 weeks or if infestation returns.
7. It takes 1-2 weeks for SNS-209 to start working, dependent on temperature, and should continue to work for up to 3 weeks.
|Soil Drench For Row Crops With Drip Irrigation ||Coverage= use 2-6 quarts per acre. |
Repeat steps 2-7 from the Soil Drench application above.
|Chemigation Systems ||• Anti-siphon and back flow device must be used. |
• Use in overhead and drip irrigation systems only with a chemical acid rated pump only.
• Review the Application & Use found under the MSDS tab for proper rate per acre per crop.
• Use chemical at the end of the irrigation cycle in order not to over dilute.
|Foliar Spray || Coverage= 1 gallon of mixed solution will cover approx. 550 square feet with no REI. |
1. Mix 2 tablespoons (32 mL) of concentrate to 1 gallon (3.79L) of water.
2. Mix 54 ounces of SNS-209 per 50 gallons of water.
3. Spray every 3-4 days for 21 days.
4. It takes about 2-3 days (1-2 weeks for potted plants) after applying to start working, dependent on temperature, and should continue to work for up to 3 weeks.
5. Reapply every 14-28 days as needed.
Please see the Application & Use Guide under the MSDS tab for more detailed information on how to apply via ground and aerial application systems and for application rates for specific crops.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area away from heat or open flame and out of direct sunlight. Do not reuse container. Do not freeze.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,CT,DE,GA,ID,IN,IA,KS,LA,ME,MS,MT,NM,ND,PA,RI,SC,SD,UT,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Do not overuse as it may cause leaf curling. Every effort should be made to avoid spray drift at the time of application and is the responsibility of the applicator.
Keep out of the reach of children. Not intended for human consumption. As with any insecticide, avoid contact with eyes and skin. Use eye protection, chemical rated gloves and long sleeved shirt. If product gets in eyes, flush eyes with water for a minimum of 15-20 minutes. If on skin, wash skin with soap and water. If irritation persists, consult a physician. Thoroughly wash with soap and water all food areas and materials that may have come in contact with product. Do not use near heat or open flame.
Shelf Life: Mixed solution may be stored up to 2 weeks if not used immediately.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
(Purified Water, Quilaja Saponin & Humic Acid)
Write a review
May 2, 2023 | By Phil
Jul 14, 2021 | By John Klipa
Large Plant Game Changer
May 29, 2020 | By Dan Carter