This easy-to-use product will keep pesky and possibly disease-carrying slugs away from your garden. The Slug Zapper Fence is a barrier that will deliver a low voltage electric jolt to any crawling pest that touches it. Pests will be stunned (not killed) and move on to less-disturbing areas to feed. It will not affect larger species like cats or dogs.
- Uses no poisons or baits
- Not-lethal deterrent
- Battery NOT included - A 6-volt lantern battery with screw-on terminal is required
- Covers ~40 sq. ft. or 32 ft. length of fencing
- Use around gardens, small fields, growing bed, patios and more
Although the Slug Zapper Fence is safe for use around children or pets, caution is still advised due to the electric charge flowing through the fence. It's best to keep it out of reach of children.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Prevent slugs, snails, Caterpillars, and other crawling pests.
HOW TO USE:
Connecting the battery:
- Open the 2 battery packs on either side of the battery holder.
- Insert the 9V battery and attach it to the battery clamps.
- Push to close till you hear the click sound.
- Press on/off button to view the green light which tells you it is on.
- The battery holder can be put directly on the ground, on a raised bed, or on any surface in the garden.
- Hold the roll and leave the pegs/clamps in the box near you.
- Attach the pegs/clamps to the belt every 2-3 ft.
- Install the fence on the ground by pushing the clamps into the soil as you move along.
Fixing the end:
- When you come to the end of the fence, it can be attached to some wood or left sitting on the ground.
- Use one of the pegs/clamps to secure the end into ground to hold it.
- It is not mandatory to use the pegs/clamps.
- Depending on the surface, the fence can be left unattached from the other end.
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS
- Excessive rain or snow may result in water accumulation around the fence, thus impacting the conductors in long term. Make every effort to keep the area around the fence dry.
- Close the battery holder properly after battery installation. Take steps to prevent it from being submerged in water or snow. Check for water entering the holder.
- Do not twist the fence as it may damage the conductors.
- Do not pull the wiring forcefully as it may damage the connections.
- Although the Slug Zapper Fence is safe for use around children or pets, caution is still advised due to the electric charge flowing through the fence. It's best to keep it out of reach of children.
Storage: During the off-season, take the pegs/clamps out of the ground. Make sure the fence is dry and roll it back the way it was packed when bought. Unplug the battery. Store in a dry box away from water or other possible damages.