Ships via Overnight methods on Tuesdays Only. See Shipping Info for details or call us at 1-800-827-2847. For Delivery Only. Not available in store.
Rove Beetles are a beneficial insect that feeds on the soil-dwelling larvae of fungus gnats, shore fly, moth fly and pupae of thrips and springtails. There is evidence that they will also provide some control for root mealybugs. Adults are a brown-black color, 3 - 4 mm long and winged. Larvae are thin, pale yellow and darken in the later larval stages. They are difficult to scout once released. It is recommended that you place flat rocks on the ground throughout the release area. The rocks provide a welcome shelter for the beneficial where you can lift the rocks to scout for them. They develop from egg to adult in about 21 days, passing through three larval instars prior to pupation and adulthood. Larval instars and adults are predatory. Winged adults have high dispersal and colonization rates and establish in various growing media.
This exceptional beneficial works best under the following conditions:
- Temperatures between 55 ° and 80 ° F - providing protection at lower temperatures than Hypoaspis miles.
- Humidity range between 50 – 80%.
- The Rove Beetle is slow to act when first released, for this reason we do not recommend them if the situation is critical and requires fast acting relief.
- We recommend that you release the Rove Beetle twice in a 7 day interval for quick establishment.
- Adults consume about 150 fungus gnat larvae per day.
- They are compatible with Hypoaspis miles but may consume other beneficial insects.
- Apply 1-5 predators per square foot. Up to 10 predators for a high infestation.
- Apply directly to the surface of the growing media.
- Release in one area for best reproduction.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Shore flies, Ephydridae; Fungus gnats, Sciaridae; Root Aphids; Western flower thrips, Frankliniella occidentalis
General Applications: Rotate tube several times before opening to mix contents. Push the cut-out on lid where marked to open tube. Rotate lid cover to fully open position for application. Shake contents gently onto potting media, capillary matting and any areas of algal growth where flies are suspected to be breeding. Monitor pest population using fresh yellow sticky traps at weekly intervals.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships via Overnight shipping methods only. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight Shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Orders ship on Tuesdays only.
- Order by Tuesday for shipment the following Tuesday. 7-day minimum processing time prior to shipment.
- For any questions about shipping restrictions, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
Warning & Toxicities: Do not use with soil incorporated insecticides without confirming safety.