Seven Day Lead Time For Processing Red Dragon Orders.
This is the original Red Dragon Torch Kit, the most popular and powerful vapor weed control torch we offer. The rating of 500,000 BTU means that it can handle the toughest jobs around your farm or ranch, at construction sites and for grounds maintenance. The torch has a 3 inch diameter and a total length of 33 ½ inches.
The Red Dragon quickly hooks up to any refillable propane tank (not included) - any 20 lb or larger tank works great. Place the tank on a small dolly or hand truck for extra convenience. Because this version of the Red Dragon comes with a squeeze valve with an adjustable pilot, it is the perfect kit for those who do a lot of spot weeding but don't want a continuous full flame. The added squeeze valve means propane savings and convenience. The Weed Dragon comes fully assembled.
This torch kit is powerful, generating heat up to 2,050° F. Its higher heat means you don't have to come so close to the weeds – about 2 feet away does the job; don't go closer than 16 inches! Because the Red Dragon is so powerful, you may wish to use it for larger jobs, like burning heavy weed, brush, stumps, or clearing around ditches, culverts or ponds. In the winter it can melt snow or ice off of any nonflammable surface. It can even be used to sterilize bird or animal cages or other nonflammable confinement areas.
The Red Dragon Torch Kit with Squeeze Valve & Handle includes:
- 500,000 BTU Vapor Torch
- 10 ft U.L. listed LP gas hose
- U.L. listed safety P.O.L. fitting
- Adjustable needle valve
- Squeeze valve and rubber grip handle
- Spark Lighter
- Pipe thread compound
Going for a slow walk with the Red Dragon lit and applying just a split second of heat should kill weeds 1-4 inches tall. You don't have to burn them down – the heat of the Red Dragon is intense enough that if they look wilted, they probably will die. These small weeds generally do not have a large root; larger weeds may take repeated treatments because their roots are more developed. Because of the way some grasses grow with extended root systems, they may return, but repeat applications will usually remove them. Increase exposure time to the heat if weeds are wet with dew, since water insulates.
There are a few precautions:
- Be careful around flowers and shrubs, since heating too close to these can cause damage.
- Do not use the Red Dragon around any evergreens (conifers) since these are naturally very flammable.
- Do not use the Red Dragon to destroy any poisonous plants like poison ivy or poison oak, since the smoke from flamed leaves or stems can cause a rash on skin, eyes, or lungs.
Detailed instructions are included with the Red Dragon.
With the normal operating pressure of 30 PSI, fuel consumption is 10.13 lb per hour.
- Burn heavy weeds, brush, stumps, or clearing around ditches, culverts or ponds.
- Quickly clear snow, ice from inflammable surfaces.