Seven Day Lead Time For Processing Weed Dragon® Orders.
This durable torch will give many years of satisfaction as you instantly control weeds and keep the environment, yourself and your pets safe and healthy.
The Weed Dragon® Deluxe comes with a squeeze valve with an adjustable pilot and it is the perfect kit for those who do a lot of spot weeding but don't want a continuous full flame. The added squeeze valve means propane savings and convenience. The Weed Dragon® comes assembled. This torch kit is powerful, generating heat up to 2,050° F. Its higher heat means you don't have to come so close to the weeds – about 2 feet away does the job; don't go closer than 16 inches!
The 100,000 BTU Weed Dragon® quickly hooks up to any refillable propane tank (not included) - barbeque cylinders work great. The Weed Dragon Deluxe comes with a hand-tightened tank fitting so you won't even need a wrench. Place the tank on a small dolly or hand truck for extra convenience. The Weed Dragon® has a 2" bell and a total length of 34".
The Weed Dragon® Deluxe Vapor Torch Kit with Squeeze Valve, fully assembled, includes:
- 100,000 BTU torch with a plastic grip
- 10 ft U.L. listed LP gas hose
- Hand tighten excess flow P.O.L. fitting
- U.L. listed regulator
- Adjustable needle valve
- Squeeze valve with adjustable pilot
- Spark lighter
- Pipe thread compound
Walk slowly with the Weed Dragon® lit and apply just a split second of heat to kill weeds 1-4 inches tall. You don't have to burn them down – the heat of the Weed Dragon® is intense enough that if they look wilted, they probably will die. Larger weeds may take repeated treatments because their roots are more developed. Grasses grow with extended root systems and they may return after treatment, but repeat applications will help abate them.
Increase exposure time to the heat if weeds are wet.
There are a few precautions:
- Be careful around flowers and shrubs, since heating too close to these can cause damage.
- Do not use the Weed Dragon® around any evergreens (conifers) since these are naturally very flammable.
- Do not use the Weed Dragon® to destroy any poisonous plants like poison ivy or poison oak, since the smoke from flamed leaves or stems can cause a rash on skin, eyes, or lungs.
Detailed instructions for the Weed Dragon® are included.
With the normal operating pressure of 18 PSI, fuel consumption is 2.25 lb per hour.