Prestop is no longer available. This product has been rebranded as Lalstop.
With the active ingredient, a naturally occurring fungus called Gliocladium catenulatum Strain J1446, Prestop WG is a potent weapon against many damaging crop diseases. The mycelia and spores from this fungus move into and live in the rhizosphere and aerial parts of plants and stay viable there for weeks.
Three-Way Mode of Action:
- Hyperparasitism: Gliocladium catenulatum produces an enzyme which breaks down pathogenic cell walls, weakening them and allowing for parasitization.
- Competition: Once their cells walls have been breached, the fungus will rapidly move in on the pathogen and take over its living space and nutrition.
- Inhibition: As the beneficial spores continue to aggressively colonize all parts of the plant, the disease-carrying fungi are unable maintain their hold or establish new growth. The result is an inevitable die-off.
As Prestop starts making progress against the disease carriers and the need to fight the disease is taken away, the plant's natural defense systems will bounce back. Not only will you see the bright and shiny plants you love come back,
there may also be some repair of wounds on the plant surfaces.
Suggested Uses: Use on crops grown in traditional greenhouses, hydroponically and outdoors to control soil and foliar pathogens. These crops include field grown vegetables, herbs, ornamentals, berries, cereals, legumes, pome and stone fruits, nut trees, tree and forest seedlings and turf. Please see manufacturer's label under DOCS tab for a complete list of crops.
- Foliar Spray – 0.05% suspension (10 grams per 5 gallons of water).
- Foliar Fog – 0.3-0.45 grams per 100 sq. ft. See label for water volume.
- Soil Drench – 0.01-0.1% suspension (1-10 grams per gallon of water).
- Drip – 2.3-4.6 grams per 100 sq. ft.
- Incorporation Into Potting Media – 0.05% suspension (10 grams per 5 gallons of water) and 8-20 gallons per cubic yard.
- Hydroponic Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) – 2.5 grams per 1000 plants.
- Hydroponic Rock Wool – 20-25 grams per per 1000 plants.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Seed-borne and soil-borne plant diseases such as damping-off, root and stem rot, and wilt caused by Alternaria, Bipolaris, Botrytis, Cladosporium, Colletotrichum, Fusarium, Mycosphaerella, Penicillium, Phytophthora, Plasmodiophora, Plicaria, Pyrenochaeta, Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Sclerotinia and Verticillium. Foliar diseases like grapevine trunk diseases (several pathogens). Certain storage diseases caused by Helminthosporium and Rhizoctonia. Also suppresses powdery mildew and powdery mildew symptoms.
Apply Prestop WG by spraying or drenching the growth substrate, as a foliar spray, fogging or incorporation it into the growth substrate as an aqueous suspension. Apply every 3-6 weeks depending on disease pressure. Can be applied with all types of chemigation; please see manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
- Do not tank mix with any pesticides or concentrated fertilizers.
- Always check the compatibility with other biological fungicides or chemical pesticides.
- Do not apply chemical pesticides within 1-4 days of application.
- To prepare an aqueous suspension, mix 0.33 oz. per 5 gals. water to get a 0.05% suspension. Agitate sufficiently to disperse product before diluting to final volume.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Prestop WG consists of living microbes that are packed in unit packages. Immediately use the entire package's content after opening.
Prestop WG ships via US Priority Mail.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,AK,CA,D,HI,ID,IA,LA,NE,ND,SC,SD,TN,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if swallowed. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. For terrestrial uses - Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
- Room Temperature – Up to 2 weeks at a maximum temperature of 77° (25°C).
- Refrigerated or Cool, Dry Place – 12 months at temperatures below 41°F (5°C).
- Frozen – 18 months.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
93.0%..........Gliocladium catenulatum Strain J1446*
* Contains a minimum of 1 x 109 cfu/g of active ingredient.