Trees can easily fall victim to insects, the sun and rodents; this easy-to-use tree paint offers an environmentally safe solution. The physical properties of the paint provide sunburn protection while the essential oils offer insecticidal and repellent properties. IV Organic 3-in-1 Tree Guard Paint uses 7 natural oils (castor, cinnamon, clove, cedarwood, garlic, peppermint and rosemary) to cover your trees or plants with protection in numerous ways:
- Many insects will be repelled by the odors; but, if they linger, they will be coated and smothered by the oils. Should an insect be foolish enough to ingest some of this paint, it will kill them shortly after contact.
- Castor oil is a proven pest deterrent; it has a taste that most rodents and other small animal pests find repugnant. After tasting this on your trees, they will shortly move to more flavorful pastures.
- Insect and small animal pests are not the only threats to your trees, the sun itself presents danger. Sun burn and sunscald (when the temperature spikes suddenly during normally cold winter months) can cause great stress to a tree; they cause the bark to crack and ultimately die. This condition can then invite pests and parasites into the barkless tree.
IV Organic 3-in-1 Tree Guard Paint's highly reflective properties protect your trees by keeping a good portion of the sun's damaging rays out. For maximum reflective benefit, the white paint is recommended. Brown is ideal if you desire a more natural look. Both colors are easy to mix and apply and require only one application per year. Members of the Organic Trade Association.
All sizes of White Tree Guard Paint are OMRI listed for organic production.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Remove bag of paint powder and oil vial from can.
- Empty paint powder contents from bag into can.
- Fill ½ can with water.
- Stir well.
- Add contents of oil vial to can.
- Fill the remainder of the can with water and mix well.
- Apply liberally with paint brush or roller to tree trunks and/or branches.
- Sprayer may be used if contents are filtered through fine strainer.
- To ensure uniformity of contents while applying product, stir well every 5-10 minutes.
- Recommended application is ONLY one time per year.
Recommended application is ONLY one time per year. One can (3.5 oz-100 grams) contents should cover approximately a dozen young tree trunks of the 3 gallon size with a single coat.
Storage: For best results, it is recommended that you only mix what you intend to use on the same day. Unused liquid (mixed) product may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for up to 2 years. Paint powder that has not been mixed may be stored in a cool and dry area for up to 5 years. Contents are environmentally safe.
SKU 1240110, 1240111, 1240115, 1240116, 1240117 & 1240118 ship via UPS Ground only.
Warning & Toxicities:
- Do not apply at temperatures below 40°F or in wet conditions.
- Do not apply this product to the plant's roots and/or leaves.
- Do not apply to known sensitive plant species, such as hibiscus, without testing prior to use to ensure damage does not occur.
- Product functions more like a "furniture paint" when only ½ the recommended water is added; however, it's recommended that this product be applied diluted as instructed in the directions.
- First year bark growth on some plant species are typically too waxy for good adhesion of this product, requiring second and third coats to accomplish full coverage.
- Do not consume this product.
- If product gets into eyes, flush immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes.
- Wearing gloves is recommended to avoid any possibility of skin irritation.
All sizes of White Tree Guard Paint (SKUs 1240100, 1240110, 1240115, 1240117) are OMRI listed for organic production.
Write a review
Tree Guard Paint
Apr 14, 2020 | By Pamela Michalek
Great sun block
Jun 16, 2019 | By Bruce kranendonk
Owner Response: Thanks for the feedback! The new & improved IV Organic formulas (3-in-1 & WhiteWash) now have diatomaceous earth added to the base ingredients to offer added insect repellent defenses, including snails.