Registered for use in: OR, WA
NoMate LRX Spirals are mating disruptors; they work by interfering with communication between adults to prevent mating. This disruption in their mating process means fewer fertile eggs, decreasing the chances of subsequent larval infestation. With the reduction of larvae there is less need for conventional pesticides. This will not only help your wallet and the environment, it will allow populations of beneficial insects and organisms to grow and contribute to the biological control of these pests.
These easy-to-use spirals (simply wrap them around a stem or branch) only work on the flying adult moths and only stop them from reproducing; they do not kill the larvae.
Obliquebanded/Pandemis Leafrollers: These native insects can be found widely throughout the temperate regions of North America. They will feed and breed on many types of plants, but their preferred hosts are in the Rosacea family - specifically apple, pear and peach trees. Both of these leafrollers have two generations a year, with one generation of larvae overwintering in a host tree. Larvae first appear in early spring and feast on young shoots, leaves and fruit buds. They will move on to devour fruit as it develops (and also continue to eat leaves). The first generation will pupate for 10-12 days and emerge as flying adults from around mid-June to early July and the second generation adults usually emerge mid to late August. It is during these periods of adult flights that these pheromone spirals are put to use.
Suggested Uses: Use as a mating disruptor to control Obliquebanded and Pandemis leafrollers on pome fruit, berries and stone fruit crops.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Obliquebanded (Choristoneura rosaceana) and Pandemis (Pandemis pyrusana) species of leafrollers
How To Apply:
- Open the container just prior to application. Unpackage and use only the amount of spirals to be used immediately. Reseal partially used bags and return them to cold storage while awaiting later use.
- NoMate LRX Spiral is applied directly to the tree, bush or vine by wrapping the spiral around the stems or branches.
- Apply the product to the upper 1/3 portion of the canopy whenever possible.
- Place spirals at least 1-2 feet within the radius of the canopy. For maximum efficiency, it may be necessary to increase the density of the placement around the perimeter.
- Monitor using wing-style or delta style traps and Obliquebanded & Pandemis Leafrollers lures to determine the best time for application. Trap placement should begin in early March/April to determine first flight and should continue throughout the season to help assess treatment effectiveness.
- Make the first application of NoMate LTX Spirals with 2-4 days after the first male moth is captured in a trap (biofix). Prediction Degree Day models can provide assistance in determining application timing. Model information and economic thresholds that may vary according to geographical regions are available from your county Farm Advisor.
- Second and any subsequent application should be timed such that the new application is made before the effect of the previous application significantly diminishes. Leafrollers life cycle models, diligent trapping and field checking are all important considerations in the proper timing of an additional spiral application.
Application Rate: 200-400 spirals per acre. Apply 1-3 times per year, or as needed.
Storage: So not contaminate water, food or feed through storage or disposal. Store in a cool place until used. Prolonged storage should be at or less than 45°F.
Available by special order only. Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,PA,PR,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Caution: Harmful if absorbed through skin, inhaled or swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing vapor. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before re-use. Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as follows: long sleeved shirt and long pants, chemical resistant gloves, protective eyewear, shoes and socks.
Environmental Hazards: For terrestrial use only. Do not apply directly to water, areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: