Neptune's Harvest Crab and Lobster Shell is a superior dry fertilizer for all your growing needs. It has an NPK of 5-3-0, but also contains Calcium (17%) and Magnesium (1%). This organic fertilizer is high in chitin and will promote the growth of beneficial organisms in the soil and help deter plant parasitic nematodes. The high calcium content of Neptune's' Harvest Crab and Lobster Shell reduces the effects of fungal diseases such as blossom end rot and helps plants develop healthy, strong cells.
- Works well with kelp meal fertilizers
- High calcium fertilizers are great for bulbs and flowers
- Can be worked into the soil before planting or used as a top dress
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use as a mechanical control for the Root Knot Nematodes (Meloidogyne sp).
Neptune's Harvest Crab & Lobster Shell can be worked into the soil, scratched into topsoil or placed around plants.
- Apply in early spring as soon as soil can be worked. For perennial crops, apply at the end of dormancy.
- Mix thoroughly with the soil or growing media, taking care not to apply in concentrated form directly to the roots.
- For trees and turf, apply directly as a top dressing.
|Neptune's Harvest Application Rates|
| Garden||3 lbs. per 100 square feet.|
| Field Applications||100 to 200 pounds per acre.|
| Row Crops||1 to 2 pounds per 100 feet of row.|
| Orchards||1/2 pound per inch of tree diameter.|
|Compost||3-6 ounces per cubic foot.|
| Turf||10 pounds per 1,000 square feet.|
|Potting Mixes||2% of total volume of the planting media.|
| Seedbed||1/2 - 1 pound per 100 square feet.|
| Bedding Plants||1 ounce per tray.|
| Bulbs||1/2 ounce mixed in soil under bulbs.|
| Fertilizer Mix||5-10% of total volume.|
Storage: Keep products in cool dry place. Avoid direct sunlight. Shake well if product freezes.
SKU 1315016 ships via UPS Ground only.
Warning & Toxicities: If you are allergic to seafood, you can still use the product, just don't touch it or breath it in. Once you apply it to plants, you can eat them without worrying. If your allergies are severe, or if you have additional concerns or doubts, please consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not ingest.
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Derived from Crab & Lobster Shell Meal. Nitrogen derived from Crab & Lobster Shell Meal.
- Total Nitrogen (N)..................5.00%
- 0.75% Water Soluble Nitrogen
- 4.25% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
- Available Phosphate (P).......3.00%
- Calcium (Ca).........................17.0%
- Magnesium (Mg)....................1.00%
- 0.95% Water Insoluble Magnesium
- 0.05% Water Soluble Magnesium
Meets the requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP) for use in organic production.
Write a review
Apr 30, 2020 | By Jeffrey Lueck
Nov 26, 2019 | By dan carlton
Owner Response: Thank you for the feedback Dan! We have updated the site to reflect the current sizes being shipped and will keep a close eye on it moving forward.