Place & Go Mosquito Control – Highly Effective Larvicidal Tablets
This ground-breaking product combines ease of use with uncompromising efficacy to kill mosquito larvae where they grow - in containers and standing water. Do you worry about the disease that mosquitoes carry like Dengue Fever or the Chikungunya and Zika viruses? Simply plop a tablet in the water and let your mosquito worries dissolve away.
Natular DT uses Spinosad (a naturally occurring bacterium) as its active ingredient. Spinosad (Saccharopolyspora spinose) is a potent control agent; it affects the function of the insect's nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in a way that causes continuous nervous impulses. This constant stimulation quickly breaks down the nervous system of the insect causing paralysis and death. With these tablets, Spinosad is introduced to the insect by ingestion and by contact.
These small (less than 1/2" in diameter), bi-layer tablets use a patented dual-release action to ensure both a quick kill and continuous control. The first layer is effervescent; these bubbles help dissolve and spread the first dosage in 60 seconds and will begin killing larvae within 24 hours. The second layer dissolves much more slowly over the next 60 days. For continual control it is important to keep the tablet submerged in water; if it dries out, it will stop working. However, it will resume working if it is re-wetted.
Benefits of Natular DT:
- Tablets may be cut in half for use in smaller areas.
- Can be applied to sites that contain fish and plants. No risk to honeybees and other beneficial insects.
- Can be used in preventative applications
- Ideal for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Easy-to-use blister packs make for compact, lightweight storage and simple, safe transportation of product.
- Excellent for use in professional pest control applications as well as for home use
- Breaks down rapidly in soil and sunlight
- Approved by World Health Organization (WHO) after extensive overseas field trials
- One of only five pesticides ever to receive the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award (2010).
Use as a larvicide to control container breeding mosquitoes.
- For shallow (less than 6" deep) standing water holding areas, 1 tablet treats up to 25 sq. ft. of surface area.
- For containers or water holding receptacles holding more than 6" of water, apply 1 tablet to treat up to 50 gallons (192 liters) per container.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to kill the larvae of container breeding mosquitoes, e.g., Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus. These mosquitoes are known to transmit Dengue Fever and the Chikungunya and Zika viruses.
Draining and discarding small containers that hold water is the most effective method for preventing mosquito breeding. To treat artificial water containers that cannot be drained or discarded and natural standing-water sites: Use 1 tablet to treat up to 50 gallons (192 liters) or 25 sq. ft. For continuous action, keep tablet immersed in water. Reapply after 60 days.
- Can be applied as a preventative action (pre-flood treatment) before sites fill with water.
- Can be used in sites that intermittently fill with water; Natular DT's slow release layer will stop working when dry and begin working again when re-wetted.
- Do not apply directly to treated, finished drinking water supply systems or to waters that drain into public waterways.
Environment: Use in artificial water containers including drums, storage tanks, rooftop catchments, ornamental fish ponds, unused swimming pools, ornamental pots or fountains, water gardens, flower pots or planters, rain barrels, urns, standing water, tree holes, pool and boat covers, roof gutters, floor drains, old tires, tire tracks, pot holes and other manmade and natural depressions.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store in original container in a cool, dry place. Avoid prolonged exposure to UV light.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Caution. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wear protective eyewear (such as safety glasses). Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Environmental Hazards: The product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Non-target aquatic invertebrates may be killed in waters where this pesticide is used.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
7.48%..........Spinosad (a mixture of Spinosyn A and Spinosyn D)
Contains 0.1 gram of Spinosad per extended-release tablet. This product may absorb moisture; therefore, the weight of the tablet and percent by weight of active ingredient will vary with hydration.