Effective Organic Mosquito Control!
OMRI listed Mosquito Down is a combination of Garlic Oil, Citric Acid and an insecticidal soap that kills adult mosquitoes on contact, suffocates larvae in standing water and repels long after it has dried on foliage. Help protect the environment while getting effective control of mosquitoes, flies and a wide variety of soft-bodied insects with this non-persistent, biodegradable product.
Benefits of Using Mosquito Down:
- Affordable and Cost Efficient
- Non-Toxic and Carcinogen Free
- Highly Versatile – controls mosquitoes, flies and a great many soft-bodied insects.
- Rapid Crop Protection
- Safe To Use Without Special Protective Clothing
- Repellent and Contact Pesticide
The "secret" to the success of this versatile product is the organic surfactant (which the manufacturer markets as a stand-alone product under the name IFC) that uses nano and micelle technologies to greatly increase its overall effectiveness. This surfactant (aka insecticidal soap) is able to penetrate and carry material deep into plant and pest tissue where it has the best chance for ultimate pest control. IFC has insecticidal properties on its own, but when combined with the garlic oil in Mosquito Down, its efficacy rises exponentially.
Dilution Rates By Application Type:
- Adult Insect Control – Dilute 3-6 fl. oz. per 1 gallon of water. Atomize and apply over infected area. Repeat as necessary.
- Larvae Control – Dilute 3-6 fl. oz. per 1 gallon of water. Apply over waterways. Repeat as necessary.
- Fogging – Mix 3-6 fl. oz. per 1 gallon of water. Apply as a space spray through conventional fogging equipment misting systems (including mist sprayers and mist blowers), automated spray systems and/or related application technologies. Re-apply if re-infestation occurs.
- Outdoors/Perimeter Treatments – Dilute 3-6 fl. oz. per 1 gallon of water and apply at a rate of 1 gallon per 1,000 sq. ft. or until area is thoroughly wet. Apply to a band of soil and vegetation 6-10 ft. wide around and adjacent to buildings. Treat the building foundations to a height of 2-3 ft. with sufficient water for coverage. Make special efforts to spray areas where pests congregate and around potential entry areas such as eaves, window, doorways, porches and around utility boxes. Treat harborage areas such as shrubbery and vegetation where mosquitoes/flies may rest. This may include shrubbery and vegetation around stagnant pools, marshy areas, ponds and shorelines. Repeat applications as necessary.
- Soft Bodied Insect Control – For other soft bodied insect control, dilute 6 fl. oz. to 1 gallon of water and apply over infected area as needed.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store upright at room temperature in original container in a dry, cool place inaccessible to children and pets. Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. May cause eye and skin irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Persons handling concentrate are recommended to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): protective eyewear and chemical resistant gloves made of neoprene, nitrile or natural rubber. User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove clothing immediately if the product gets inside. Wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing. Remove PPE after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. Do not use, pour, spill or store near heat or open flame.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
0.005%......Citric Acid (from corn)
0.002%......Potassium Sorbate (to preserve freshness)
98.993%....Soap (water soluble sodium or potassium salts of fatty acids produced by either the saponification of fats and oils, or the neutralization of fatty acid)
Write a review
I love that it's organic but...
Oct 2, 2019 | By Kevin