Protect your trees and shrubs from sunburn and sunscald with this easy to use, long-lasting coating. It does not take extreme heat to sunburn a tree or shrub (although that will do it!); avocado, citrus and delicate new growth can all be easily affected by the sun. We all know that deep cold is dangerous to most plant life, but warm winter days followed by freezing nights put trees and shrubs at risk of sunscald. With IV Organic White Wash, you have one product for all seasons.
If you use horticultural oils for pest and/or disease control, the benefits of these products come with an increased risk of phytotoxicity in what you grow. IV Organic White Wash will give you an extra layer of protection from this sun-related threat.
This environmentally safe formula can be applied three different ways: like paint, with a brush; diluted and applied as a foliar spray or as a tree paste. 1-2 coats per year with the brush-on application and 1-3 applications with the foliar spray is all that is needed for continuous protection.
Suggested Uses: Use for sun protection on trees and shrubs, including fruit, nut and ornamental trees and roses.
Brush-On Directions: 1-2 coats per year should provide sufficient protection. Contents should cover approximately a dozen young tree trunks (3 gal. size) with a single coat. Properly prepared product should have a consistency of a 50% diluted paint.
Foliar Spray Directions:
- Add powder from bag back into can.
- Fill can nearly to top with water and stir well.
- Add more water if necessary to have a full can of product.
- Stir every 5-10 minutes while using this product to ensure uniformity of contents while applying product to tree trunk and branches.
- Apply with a paint brush.
Use up to 3 times per year, especially on young and tender new growth during the hottest months. May be used on all parts of the plant (including foliage).
Tree Paste Directions:
- Dilute 1-2 tsps. of the prepared "brush-on" solution per gallon of water.
- Ideal application at time of transplanting plants and trees and in times of extreme heat.
- Can also be used to cool off plants treated with horticultural pest control oils, as oils tend to intensify the sun's rays that may increase the risk of sunburn.
- Filter product through strainer before adding to sprayer to avoid the possibility of clogging.
Add 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of water to contents. Stir well.
Storage: It is recommended that you only mix what you intend to use on the same day. Unused liquid (mixed) product may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for up to 2 years. Powder that has not been mixed may be stored in a cool and dry area for up to 5 years.
Case sizes ship via UPS Ground only.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not consume this product. If product gets in eyes, flush immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes. Wearing gloves is recommended to avoid any possibility of skin irritation.
95.0%........Iron Oxide, Limestone, Mica, Milk & Silica