Protect your trees and shrubs from sunburn and sunscald with this easy to use, long-lasting coating. It does not take extreme heat to sunburn a tree or shrub (although that will do it!); avocado, citrus and delicate new growth can all be easily affected by sun exposure. We all know that deep cold is dangerous to most plant life, but warm winter days followed by freezing nights put trees and shrubs at risk of sunscald. With IV Organic White Wash, you have one product for all seasons.
If you use horticultural oils for pest and/or disease control, the benefits of these products come with an increased risk of phytotoxicity in what you grow. Environmentally safe IV Organic White Wash, will give you an extra layer of protection from this sun-related threat.
Can contains 1 bag of powder.
One or two brush-on coats per year should provide sufficient protection from sunburn and sunscald.
- Add powder to can.
- Fill can near top with water.
- Stir well.
- Add more water if necessary to have a full can of product.
- Stir every 5-10 minutes while using this product to ensure uniformity of contents while applying product to tree trunk and branches.
- Apply with a paint brush.
Contents should cover approximately a dozen young tree trunks (3-gal size) with a single coat. Properly prepared product should have the consistency of a 50% diluted paint.
Foliar Spray Directions:
Use up to three (3x) times per year as a foliar spray -- especially young and tender new growth during the hottest months.
- Ideal application is at time of transplanting and/or at times of extreme weather.
- Can also be used to cool off plants treated with horticultural oils, as oils tend to intensify the sun's rays and may increase the risk of sunburn.
- Makes a 23 oz. spray bottle RTU by adding ⅓ - ½ tsp. powder and adding water to fill bottle.
- Filter liquid through strainer before using to avoid the possibility of clogging.
Tree Paste Directions:
Add ¼ cup (2 oz.) of water to contents. Stir well.
Always test a small area and wait a few days to ensure damage does not occur. First year bark growth on some species are typically too waxy for good adhesion of this product, requiring second and third coats to accomplish full coverage. Do not consume this product. If product gets into eyes, flush immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes. Wearing gloves is recommended to avoid any possibility of skin irritation.
Storage: It is recommended that you only mix what you intend to use on the same day. Unused liquid (mixed) product may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for up to 2 years. Powder that has not been mixed may be stored in a cool and dry area for up to 5 years.
Case sizes ship via UPS Ground only.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not consume this product. If product gets in eyes, flush immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes. Wearing gloves is recommended to avoid any possibility of skin irritation.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Iron Oxide, Limestone, Mica,
Milk, Silica, Methylcellulose,
(anticaking & oil absorbent).......95%