BONIDE Hydrated Lime quickly raises soil pH and neutralizes soil acidity while providing secondary macronutrients - calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg). This combination helps plants take up nutrients, which in turn encourages strong and healthy plant growth. It is also particularly helpful in preventing or correcting blossom end rot.
You should test your soil before using this product. Once soil pH has been tested, you can use that value to determine how much lime will be needed.
- Neutral soil pH (6.5-7) grows a wider variety of plants and maximizes nutrient availability.
- Keeping soil pH between 5.8 & 7.0 is considered suitable for most garden crops.
Shop all Bonide products here
BONIDE Hydrated Lime can be applied anytime during the growing season.
- Test soil pH level.
- Use the soil test results to determine how much you wish to adjust the pH of the soil. Generally, 3.5 lbs. of hydrated lime per 70 sq. ft. will raise the pH by one point. Bear in mind that and a soil pH of 6.5 is best for most gardens.
- Do not mix with fertilizers before using.
- While wearing garden gloves, work hydrated lime into the soil around each plant.
- Water normally.
Once a year, mix one tablespoon (1 tbsp.) of hydrated lime per gallon of water and apply as you would normally water.
Storage: Store in a dry place.
Cannot Be Shipped To: FL,IA,PR
Warning & Toxicities: Keep this product out of the reach of children. Keep from contact with eyes, cuts, or sores. Wash hands after use. Not for human consumption.
- 34.20% Calcium
- 20.40% Magnesium
- 46.50% Minimum Calcium Oxide
- 32.00% Minimum Magnesium Oxide