DTE Solution Grade Gypsum is derived directly from mined gypsum and contains two essential plant nutrients (calcium and sulfur) as well as 97% Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate (CaSO42H2O). This high performance solution grade powder has been designed for efficient uptake and immediate delivery of these nutrients but also offers many benefits for improving the physical characteristics of soil. A soil or plant tissue analysis or a home soil test is recommended before use, but application can be made without one (see instructions for details).
- Smooth 325 mesh powder that can be used with no clogging issues
- Neutral in pH and will not affect soil acidity
- OMRI listed for organic growing
- Can be used in reservoirs, fertigation, drip irrigation or spray applications
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
2 cups ≈ 1 lb; 1 tbsp ≈ 10g; 1 tsp ≈ 3g
Plant nutrient requirements are determined by multiple factors including target crop variety and existing nutrient content in the soil. Performing a complete soil or plant tissue analysis or using a home soil test kit before application is recommended. Testing services will provide guidelines for the efficient application of all fertilizers and soil amendments. Soil texture reports can help identify problems and inform appropriate application rate amounts for improving soil physical characteristics. Gypsum is neutral in pH and will not affect soil acidity. To prevent scale build-up, assure that water used for dilution has a pH of no higher than 6.5.
With Soil Analysis & Recommendations:
- Mix the total weight of recommended DTE Solution Grade Gypsum with water at a rate of no more than 1 lb per gallon of water.
- Mix this concentrated solution into the total volume of water necessary for coverage. Continued agitation is
recommended to keep diluted solution in suspension.
Without Soil Analysis (recommended rates for general use):
- For foliar and spray applications - mix ½ - 1 tsp per gallon of water. Apply with even coverage directly to plant leaves.
- For soil drench applications - mix 1-2 tbsp per gallon of water.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,AR,CT,DE,FL,GA,IA,ID,IL,IN,KS,MA,MD,ME,MN,MS,MO,MT,NC,ND,NH,NM,NV,OH,PA,PR,SC,SD,UT,VT,WI,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest or inhale. Use of a dust mask is recommended for any application of a dry fertilizer product. Avoid contact with eyes or skin. Wash hands after use.
Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate (CaSO42H2O).........97.0%
Derived from Mined Gypsum