Suffocate, Dessicate & Emaciate Pest Insect In Your Garden
Guard 'n Spray is formulated from a combination of botanical oils and food grade ingredients to provide an organic, spray to treat, manage, eliminate and repel key insect pests. It is also extremely effective in treating and controlling downy and powdery mildews.
This highly-concentrated formula works in multiple ways: it suffocates, desiccates and emaciates. In other words, it will suffocate insects by clogging their breathing tubes (spinnacles); it will quickly dry out the exoskeletons and eggs and if the spray residue is ingested by the insect, it will render them unable to digest food. One or all of these modes of action will be fatal to adults, larvae and eggs. The Cinnamon Oil in Guard 'n Spray is also known to work as a repellent. The Sesame and Rosemary oils are toxic when consumed and the Citric Acid acts as the desiccant. This drying-out mechanism is also what works on powdery and downy mildews; it will dry out the reproductive parts of the fungi and end their ability to germinate and reproduce. The combination of all of these active ingredients creates a product with a high level of efficacy on many levels.
Application Rate: 32 oz. concentrate makes about 32 gallons of Guard 'n Spray at full strength of 30 ml/gal of water.
- Preventive – Spray no more than 2-3 times per day at 15 ml/gal.
- Knockdown – Spray no more than 2-3 times per day at 30 ml/gal.
- Spot Treatment (Severe Infestations) – Use full-strength formula in a spray-based application (30 ml/gal).
- Soil Drench – Dilute at 10-15 ml/gal and apply directly to the root zone.
- Preventive Fogger Applications – Dilute to half of recommended dosages (15 ml/gal).
Use to kill and repel listed pest insects as well as to prevent powdery and downy mildews.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Aphidoidea), Thrips (Thysanoptera), Broad Mites (Polyphagotarsonemus latus), Fungus Gnats (Sciaridae), Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Whiteflies (Aleyrodidae), Flies and Beetles. Also treats and controls Powdery Mildew and Downy mildews.
How To Apply:
- Shake well before using and add 15-30 ml of Guard 'n Spray to each gallon of water.
- Spray directly on visible pests and all parts of the plant (underside of leaves and all node points).
- Spray 1-3 times per day depending on infestation level.
Guard 'n Spray can be used in fogging and atomizer systems as well as with traditional sprayer. When spraying, be sure to always wear protective outwear, such as gloves and masks. Safe to use during the day and under mild lighting conditions but exercise caution when spraying during periods of intense sunlight or heat over 90°F.
Environment: Can be used on ornamentals, food or feed crops in gardens, greenhouses, home gardens, interiorscapes, field crops and more.
Storage: Keep from freezing and do not store in direct sunlight.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILREN AND COMPANION ANIMALS. Do not apply to water. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.