This illuminated, tube-shaped trap is designed to attract mosquitoes, flies, gnats, no-see-ums, and other common flying pests. It uses a battery powered LED light to create a blue glow that the targeted pests find nearly irresistible. When they come close to the light, they will be caught on the adhesive that covers the tubes. You can enjoy the protection and pretty glow of this trap inside or outside, but it works best in low light.
- Has a flat base and a convenient hook on top so you can hang or place it anywhere you need it.
- Reflective top adds to its appeal to insects.
- High efficiency LED light bulb will last for over 10,000 hours.
- Fresh batteries will keep it shining for 200 hours of continuous use. 3 AA BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED.
- No annoying buzzing or zapping.
- Not waterproof and not recommended for unattended outdoor use. However, if a little rain or water gets on the trap, remove the base from the glue tube and switch to OFF position. Remove batteries, pat dry the base and leave open to air dry.
- Non-toxic and pesticide-free glue.
Place in low light areas like cabinets, counters, pantries and attics. When it gets dark, turn on the light to trap the insects that have flown inside during the day. To maximize battery life, switch power to OFF during daylight hours and when overhead lights are on.
Place in low light areas like garages, porches, patios, carports and walkways. Place trap(s) approximately 10-15 from where you sit/eat/walk. Turn on at dusk and leave on through the night when you'll be in the area. To maximize battery life, switch off during daylight.
AVOID CONTACT WITH THE TUBE AS IT IS COATED WITH ADHESIVE.
In case of contact with the adhesive, remove with vegetable oil or mineral spirits.
SETTING UP YOUR GLOSTIK:
- Slowly lift the GLOstik by holding the black protective cap. One tube will have an orange cap on one end - that indicates the replacement glue tube. Leave the replacement tube in the box and store for later use.
- Open the base and install 3 AA batteries (not included). NOTE: Battery door maybe opened on hinge or removed completely, depending on model. Replace or close door after use.
- Slide power switch to the ON position. To maximize battery life, switch power to OFF after use.
REPLACING USED GLUE TUBES:
- Remove used tube from base. Hold from the cap and pry off from the base. Dispose of used tube.
- Carefully remove tube from the box.
- Remove the orange cap from tube by holding black cap and prying off orange cap. Dispose of orange cap.
- Replace tube in trap by holding the protective (black) cap and pressing down firmly into base.
Due to dust and other environmental factors, replace glue tube every 30 days or when tube is full.
Environment: Can be used in kitchens, bedrooms, campers, enclosed porches, inside cabinets, on or under counters, pantries, attics, near houseplants, window sills, crawl spaces, picnic and BBQ area, campsites, garages, patios, porches, greenhouses, treehouses, playhouses, poolhouses, boathouse and lots more.
Storage: Store indoors in an area where it will not be subjected to extreme heat or direct sunlight.
What's In The Package: 2 disposable tubes, one of which has a reusable base with an LED light and battery compartment. Batteries not included (requires 3 AA).
Warning & Toxicities: This product is not water resistant. To avoid risk of electrical shock, do not use where it may be exposed to water. KEEP OUR OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not place unit where it will be subjected to extreme heat or direct sunlight.
Write a review
Not very effective
Jul 28, 2022 | By STEVEN WILKERSON
Glow stick efficacy
Jul 3, 2021 | By Conchita Silao