DTE Feather Meal is a powerful source of slow-release nitrogen(N) made from poultry feathers that have been hydrolyzed, dried, and then ground up. Nitrogen is an essential nutrient for all plants, but it's especially valuable to heavy feeders and long-season crops like corn, tomatoes and fall-harvested vegetables. When given a steady supply of nitrogen as they grow, all types of plants will produce plentiful shoots, flowers, vegetables and fruit.
- Incorporate into the soil before planting or side dress throughout the growing season
- OMRI listed and CDFA registered
- Can be used on vegetable gardens, flower beds, container plants, trees and shrubs
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
2.5 cups ≈ 1 lb; ½ cup ≈ 3.2 oz; 1 tbsp. ≈ 0.4 oz.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 3-6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz., depending on plant size and desired growth rate, once each month during growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs:
- Spread 1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AR,CT,FL,IA,IN,KS,MS,ND,PR,RI,SC,VT,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dusk mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Total Nitrogen (N).................................12.0%
12% Insoluble Nitrogen*
Derived from Feather Meal
12.0% Slow Release Nitrogen from Feather Meal