Down To Earth Citrus Mix is an OMRI listed organic fertilizer formulated for use on citrus trees. Whether you are growing in a home orchard or in containers, this organic mix of ingredients is formulated to supply primary, secondary and micro nutrients to your citrus trees. These nutrients will stimulate vibrant new growth with lots of lush and glossy green foliage, delightfully fragrant blossoms and plentiful fruit. Don't limit yourself to using this only on citrus; it provides the same great benefits to the vining and ornamental plants in your garden. It can also be used inside on houseplants.
Citrus Trees - Most varieties of citrus require fertilization 3-4 times per year with typical applications in late winter (Jan-Feb), late spring (May-June) and early fall (Sept-Oct).
- Apply 1 cup per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well. A liquid or foliar fertilizer may be applied to mature fruit bearing trees throughout the growing season to maximize fruit production.
- To feed established citrus trees, apply 2-4 tablespoons per gallon of soil 4-6 times throughout the year.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1 cup of Citrus Mix with the backfill soil.
- Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
- Use half the amount recommended above per application to fertilizer 1-2 year old citrus trees.
Containers & Houseplants –
- For new plantings, mix ½ cup per cubic foot of soil and mix thoroughly.
Suggested Uses: Use to provide primary and secondary plant nutrients and selected micronutrients to citrus trees, fruit trees, vines, ornamentals, container plants and houseplants.
Environment: For use indoors and outdoors in home gardens and orchards, as well as on container plantings and houseplants.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CT,DE,IN,IA,KS,MD,NH,ND,OH,OK,RI,SD,VT,VA,WV,WI,WY,PR
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Potassium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate and Kelp Meal. Also contains Non-plant food ingredients - 2.5% Humic Acids derived from Leonardite.
- Total Nitrogen (N) - 6.0%
• 6.0% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
- Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 3.0%
• Soluble Potash (K2O) - 3.0%
- Calcium (Ca) - 3.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 2.0%
- Iron (Fe) - 0.5%
- Zinc (Zn) - 0.5%
• (0.5% Water Soluble Zinc)
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments
CDFA Listed (Registered Organic Input Material)