Eco-friendly CowPots are a terrific alternative to peat pots for use in seed starting and growing seedlings. CowPots are made from composted cow manure. They are odor-free, biodegradable, and can be transplanted into the soil with your plant.
Dimensions: 4 1/2" x 2 7/8" x 4 3/8"
Volume: 670 mL/cell - 41 cu in
Shop all CowPots here
Fill the CowPots with potting soil mix and plant seeds according to the directions on the seed packet or transplant seedling into pot. If possible, leave space between pots to maximize air circulation (improves pot performance and plant health). Water and fertilize as needed.
- CowPots can be top or bottom watered.
- Manure naturally retains moisture - make sure not to over-water.
- Give the pot time to harden between watering (prevents over-watering and reduces mold-forming spores).
- Allow pots to dry before handling (pots are fragile when wet).
- Pots turn dark brown when wet and light brown when it's time to water again.
- When seedlings are ready for planting, place entire CowPot into soil, cover and water.
- Do not break up the pot (could cause damage to the roots and transplant shock).
- Plant entire pot and cover completely with soil.
Once planted, ≈3-4 months in a greenhouse setting. If not planted and stored in a cool dry place, shelf life is indefinite.