Timothy Grass, Phleum pratense is a winter hardy, perennial bunch grass. It does not spread by either rhizomes or stolons and has a shallow, fibrous root system. Seed in late summer/early fall or late winter/early spring. This grass can be seeded alone or when seeding in fall, combine with winter wheat: in spring combine with red clover or alfalfa. When sown with red clover, Timothy grass provides excellent forage and optimal yields.
- Best adapted to clay or loam soils.
- Can take a lot of moisture.
- Mature height is 3.5' tall.
- Easily cut and cured.
- Plant with red clover for best results as a forage.
Germination Temp: 59° to 73°F ambient
- Seed at 12– 15 lbs per acre.
- Seed at 9 lbs. when mixed with other seeds.
Plant alone or in combination with red clover or alfalfa in spring. Plant with winter wheat in fall.
Shipping Restrictions: UPS Ground Only
What's In The Package: Timothy Grass seeds for planting.