Everything about this composter has been re-sized to let you start producing garden gold in a small space! Both the composting chamber and the base have been scaled down from the 12 cubic foot Compost Wizard. The Compost Wizard Jr. holds 7 cubic feet of material which sits on the wheeled base. The twist off lid is 12" in diameter allowing for easy loading and unloading.
The Compost Wizard Jr. is:
- Made from recycled polyethylene plastic.
- Made in the USA.
- Arrives fully assembled.
Ideal temperatures inside the drums should reach between 120°-150°F. We recommend using a good quality compost thermometer, such as the REOTEMP® Compost Thermometer to track the internal temperature of the chamber. When the chamber is too hot or too cool the composting process stops.
Suggestion For Use: Can be placed anywhere that is convenient including outdoor areas, garages and patios. Composting is an important way to reduce waste going to landfills.
- 30" x 22" x 24"
- 7 cubic foot capacity
- 12" twist off lid
- Wheeled base for easy tumbling (pictured below)
To start composting:
- Easy set up - simply locate the unit on level ground, make sure that the wheels of the base are aligned with the drum's track.
- Place compost tumbler in full sun (cooler climates) to partial sun(warm & hot climates).
- For the best start, fill between ½ - ¾ full with 2 parts brown (dry) plant material and 1 part green (living) plant material or coffee grounds.
- Rotate the tumbler as you add new material – make sure to rotate at least once per week.
- Make sure that the material in the chamber remains moist, but not wet.
When your compost is ready, it is easy to lift off the barrel and roll it to the location you wish to deposit your compost! Use your compost as mulch, potting soil, or spread like fertilizer on you lawns, gardens, or in container plants!