Calcium-25 helps eliminate problems associated with calcium deficiency like blossom-end rot in tomatoes and peppers, bitter-pit in apples, cavity spot in carrots, and "tip-burn" in some brassica crops. Calcium-25 works to increase crop yields and lengthen the produce storage period.
Calcium-25 differs from other forms of calcium for plants. Its patented formula allows for more efficient absorption by the plant when applied properly at the optimal temperature for the plant. The calcium in this unique product has been attached to waxy compounds. Plant leaves contain waxy components that aid in protection and growth regulation. When plants are actively growing, these waxy compounds will allow substances to permeate into the leaf. When correctly applied to growing foliage, absorption of the calcium occurs because the waxy compound in the formula mimics those that naturally occur on leaf surfaces. Once permeated, calcium spreads through the plant, promoting growth.
Here are specific instructions for the effective use of Calcium-25.
- Use as a foliar spray only. Calcium-25 does not work in soil, so limit run-off where possible.
- Agitate the Calcium-25 and water until the product is completely dissolved.
- Apply enough liquid that the leaves of the plant will remain moist for at least 10 minutes.
- Do not use Calcium-25 in irrigation or fertigation systems.
- Do not use any additives or mix with other fertilizers. Other fertilizers may be applied 24 hours after application of Calcium-25.
- Spray up to 2 weeks prior to harvest.
Soybeans, Sorghum, Alfalfa, Pasture, Small Grains, and Grasses
- Field Corn
- Dilute at 0.5lbs. to 200 U.S. gallons of water.
- Apply when the plants have between 3 and 5 leaves. The product is not effective once the plant has 7 leaves.
- Spray when temperatures are averaging 70oF or higher.
Wheat and Rice
- Dilute at the rate of 0.5 lbs per 50 U.S. gallons of water.
- Apply when temperatures are 77°F or higher.
- For Pastures: Apply in spring, mid-season, and in fall to improve winter growth.
- For all other listed crops, apply once per season.
Vegetables and Ornamentals
- Dilute at the rate of 0.5 lbs. To 31.25 U.S. gallons of water.
- Apply to the leaves of the crops as a fine spray that will allow the leaves to remain wet for 10 minutes.
- Spray wheat when temperatures are averaging 64oF.
- Spray rice when temperatures are over 85°F.
Apples and Fruit Trees
- Dilute at the rate of 0.5 lbs. to 400 U.S. gallons of water.
- Use as a foliar spray when temperatures are above 77oF, except peas should be sprayed when temperatures are between 55 and 65°F.
- Multiple applications are very effective for tomatoes, peppers, ornamentals and grapes.
- Dilute at the 0.5 lbs. per 50 U.S. gallons of water.
- Apply when temperatures are in the 70's and 80's, preferably in the late afternoon.
- If the trees have a calcium deficiency disease such as bitter pit, multiple applications will be necessary. Treat every 30 days and treat at least 3 times during the growing season.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Container Plants, Houseplants, Vegetable Gardens
Storage: Can be stored indefinitely when kept dry and in original container.
Warning & Toxicities: Do not inhale in dry form.
Guaranteed Analysis: 25%.........Calcium (Ca)