BotryStop WP is an organic wettable powder biological fungicide based on a naturally occurring, non-pathogenic saphrophytic fungus known as Ulocladium oudemansii (U3 strain). This live spore preparation has been developed as a preventative specifically to control common plant pathogens such as Botrytis cinerea, Sclerotinia sclerotiorumand Monilinia spp.
BotryStop WP has a unique mode of action in that it aggressively occupies the same ecological space as plant pathogens and will out-compete them for nutrients. This process begins when you apply BotryStop WP spores to dead and senescent plant debris. Once applied, they will germinate and then colonize the plant debris until further sporulation occurs. Once that happens, the new spores will spread to available space on remaining dead and senescing tissue, depriving the pathogens of their room and board. This thriving colony of Ulocladium oudemansii provides protection from pathogens to fruit, blossoms, and plant tissue.
- Can be used in conventional or organic growing
- Easy to apply and leaves no residue
- Non-invasive and poses and no threat to living tissue
- Exempt from residue tolerances, making it an excellent tool for resistance management programs
- Using with a non-ionic surfactant or spreader sticker is recommended
- DO NOT apply through any type of irrigation system
- 4-hour REI (Restricted Entry Interval) and a 0-day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval)
- Stable at room temperature for up to 12 months - no refrigeration needed
- Makes an exceptional addition to any Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program
Use the CRD Botrytis Test Kit to confirm the disease and test regularly for early intervention.
Botrystop WP can be applied to long list of crops grown in fields, orchards, nurseries and high tunnels. Some of these crops include berries and small fruits, edible flowers, grapes, hemp, ornamentals, pome fruit (apples, pears, etc.), stone fruits (cherries, peaches, plums, etc.), strawberries, tobacco, tree nuts (almonds, etc.) and vegetables.
Shop all BioWorks products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Gray Mold (Botrytis cinerea), Botrytis Leaf Blight (Botrytis squamosa)*, Botrytis Neck Rot (Botrytis allii), Brown Rot and Blossom Blight (Monilinia spp), Jacket Rot and Green Fruit Rot (Botrytis cinerea, Monilinia spp, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum), Sclerotinia Head and Leaf Drop*, Sclerotina Stem Rot and Erwinia amylovora. Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more information, including crop specific diseases.
apply through any type of irrigation system.
has been evaluated for phytotoxicity on a variety of crops under various normal growing conditions. However, testing all crop varieties, in all mixtures and combinations is not feasible. Prior to treating entire crop, test a small portion of the crop for sensitivity
- Dilute with water and apply using conventional spray equipment.
- Partially fill the spray tank with clean water and begin agitation.
- Add the specified amount of BotryStop WP to the tank.
- Finish filling the tank to the desired volume to obtain the proper spray concentration.
- Add a surfactant or a non-ionic adjuvant to improve product wetting/ spreading.
- Maintain agitation continuously while spraying.
- Use spray mixture immediately. DO NOT allow spray mixture to stand overnight or for prolonged periods.
- A non-ionic surfactant or spreader sticker is recommended
- Use of compatible organosilicone surfactants is beneficial when spraying low water volumes
- DO NOT use surfactants that claim to be "penetrants" or "stomatal flooders or infiltrators"
- Apply when disease pressure is low and conditions are conducive to disease development, but before pathogens infect
- Use sufficient water volume to provide complete coverage and wetting of plant
- Adjust equipment to provide a fine droplet spray.
- Apply using conventional spray equipment to achieve thorough coverage and wetting of plant surfaces but not to run-off.
- The amount of spray suspension to apply will vary depending on the type of crop. Most row crops will require up to 100 gallons of spray per acre.
- BotryStop WP may be tank mixed with some fungicides.
- DO NOTtank mix BotryStop WP with more than one product.
- Consult specific product labels for additional information or restrictions concerning tank mixing. Observe the most restrictive of the labeling limitations and precautions of all products used in mixtures.
- It is always advisable to conduct a spray compatibility test when you plan to mix this product with another product. To determine the physical compatibility of this product with other products, use a jar test.
The application rate range is 2-4 lb./acre. The most common rate is 3 lb./acre. Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for crop specific applications.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place at or below 68° F (20° C). Store in original container only. Keep container tightly closed when not in use. DO NOT freeze
Warning & Toxicities:
Keep out of reach of children. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear protective eyewear. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Ulocladium oudemansii (U3 Strain)*.......45.00%
*Contains not less than 8 x 107 cfu/gram