This organic biological fungicide/bactericide uses a microbe (Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108) for the suppression and control of a wide swath of soil-borne and foliar diseases. When applied to the soil, Actinovate SP will colonize the root system and protect it from soil-borne pathogens, including Fusarium and Pythium. Foliar applications will work against common foliar diseases such as Powdery Mildew and Botrytis. This Streptomyces strain will not only displace pathogenic fungi it comes across but will also protect the area against further fungal development. Without the stress of fighting disease, your plants will have a vibrant root zone and vigorously healthy foliage growth.
- With a Restricted Entry Interval of 4 hours (4-hr REI) or until dry, this product can be applied up to and including the day of harvest.
- Can be applied in the soil (drench and in-furrow), as a foliar spray, in irrigation/chemigation, as a dip for cuttings and transplants, in planting medium, and as a dusting/coating for bulbs and tubers.
- Compatible with most chemical fungicides, insecticides and fertilizers.
- Excellent as part of an overall disease management strategy or Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
- Water soluble so it will not clog machinery and does not require constant agitation when applying.
Actinovate SP can be used for most anything that grows in a wide variety of settings: in greenhouses, nurseries, ornamental landscapes, interiorscapes and turf/lawn landscapes (athletic fields, golf courses, residential/commercial lawns, sod farms, etc.).
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Use to control plant diseases caused by Alternaria, Aphanomyces, Armillaria, Botrytis, Fusarium, Gaeumannomyces graminis, Lanzia spp., Microdochium nivale, Moellerodiscus spp., Mucilago, Phytophthora, Puccinia spp., Pyricularia grisea, Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Sclerotinia, Typhula spp., Verticillium and Xanthomonas. Also controls Downy Mildew and Powdery Mildew .
You can find crop-specific directions pertaining to specific diseases and application rates on the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
Can be applied in a variety of ways: foliar applications, in the soil (as a drench or through irrigation), in planting medium, in-furrow applications, seed treatments, cutting or bare-rooted transplant dips, dusting and coating of bulbs/corms/tubers/rhizomes/seeds, and in chemigation.
For best results:
- Use prior to disease onset or in the early stages of disease development.
- Do not use at temperatures below 45°F (this is the temperature when the spores become active).
- Apply to damp soil.
- Apply to sterilized or fumigated soil after sterilization is complete or the fumigant has dissipated.
- If high disease pressure is anticipated, tank mix high rates with another pesticide labeled for use on the target pest and shorten spray interval (within the label limits).
- Can be applied up to and including the day of harvest (0-day PHI).
Do not tank mix with chlorinated water, quaternary ammonia, or hydrogen peroxide.
- Accurate spray equipment calibration is essential prior to use.
- This product is completely soluble and does not require agitation to keep suspended in a solution.
- Prepare only the amount of product needed to treat the target area and use spray mixture within 4 hours of mixing.
- Apply any unused product within 4 months of opening and before the expiration date.
- Use the higher labeled application rates when weather conditions are expected to be conducive for disease development if the field has a history of disease problems.
Foliar Applications –
- Determine the number of acres or square feet to be treated and specified label use rate and select appropriate gallonage to give thorough and uniform coverage of all plant parts to be protected.*
- Mix with 10-150 gallons of water per acre (for use in California, mix with 20-150 gallons of water per acre).
- Apply initial application prior to disease onset or in the early stages of disease development.
- Can be used in all types of ground spray equipment.
*Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for detailed information on specific use rates per application methods and crop-specific directions.
For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. Cover or collect seeds or product spilled during use.
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal. Store in original container away from feed and food. Store in a cool, dry place between 40°F - 77°F. Do not store in direct sunlight and keep away from heat sources. Keep from overheating or freezing. Product should be used promptly after opening the package. Apply any unused product within 4 months of opening and before the expiration date.
Cannot Be Shipped To: DC,HI,MD,MA,MN,MS,OK,OR,VT,VA
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION – HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND ANIMALS. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Avoid breathing dust or spray mist. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Shelf Life: 1 year
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: (% w/w)
Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108*.............................................................. 0.037%
OTHER INGREDIENTS............................................................................... 99.963%
* End-use product contains not less than 10 million (1 X 107) colony forming units per gram [cfu/g] Streptomyces lydicus WYEC 108