The BONIDE Stink Bug Trap can help you in your Stink Bug struggles by luring them away and trapping them before they get into your house, garden or other vulnerable area. If they have already invaded, this trap can get them out of their hiding places. It consists of an odorless pheromone lure and super-sticky glue panels. This simple combination draws them in and traps them hopelessly in the glue. When the trap becomes full of insects, remove the lure and place it on a new trap. It's all you need for no-fuss Stink Bug control.
- The lure will attract up to 50 ft.; temperature, wind direction and population density can affect this.
- The lure will last up to 4 weeks; it has a controlled release dispenser that allows the pheromone to dispense steadily over a 28 day period.
- Traps are effective indoors and outdoors.
The best tactic that homeowners can use to fight Stink Bugs is exclusion; to keep them from getting inside the home all together. Since Stink Bugs are about the size of a dime and can gain access to a home in the smallest of cracks and crevices, it pays to closely examine the exterior of the home. Common entry points include spaces around air conditioning units, attic and chimney areas, door and window frames and gaps or holes in the foundation. Installing weather stripping and door sweeps, replacing or adding screens and using caulk to fill in holes are all effective ways to limit entry.
Use indoors or out to attract and catch Brown Marmorated and Green Stink Bugs.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: BONIDE Stink Bug Traps will lure and trap the following species of stink bugs: Brown Marmorated (Halyomorpha halys), and Green (Acrosternum hilare).
Although this trap can be used year-round, it uses pheromone technology to lure Stink Bugs; so, the best trapping results will be when the insects are out and about eating, mating and laying eggs. This will be in late spring, summer and early fall (late May through the end of October), when outside temperatures are above 60°F and their food sources are abundant.
Setting Up The Trap:
- Fold the trap so the yellow, sticky side faces outward.
- Using one of the included twist ties, or any other convenient means, hang the trap approximately 4-5 ft. above the ground and at least 10 ft. from your biggest problem areas (garden, fruit trees, backdoor, etc.). Trap should be placed on a fence, deck or patio and not on anything that might be consumed by the Stink Bugs.
- Remove the backing from the sticky side of the trap.
- Remove the lure from the pouch and place on the trap.
- For the average size home, one in the front yard and one in the backyard is recommended. If you have a large yard, live near a wooded area, orchards, or have a vegetable garden more may be needed.
- 8-10 traps with lures per acre is suggested.
- From late May until the end of October, the lure will draw Stink Bugs that have found their way into your home.
- For best results indoors, place trap near a light source.
Cannot Be Shipped To: PR
What's In The Package: Comes with 1 pheromone lure and 3 traps and twist ties. The extra traps are designed to be replacements used when the first trap fills with stink bugs. The traps should become full before the lure is depleted (they last up to 4 weeks). When this happens, the lure can be removed from the filled trap and attached to a new one.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental contact with adhesive, easy cleanup is obtained with the use of cooking or baby oil.
Write a review
Jan 13, 2021 | By Abigail
These don't really work
May 30, 2020 | By Michael Blase
I did not like this
Feb 29, 2020 | By John
Jan 12, 2020 | By Bill Miller