BONIDE Copper Fungicide Dust is made of 7% copper sulfate and is a modern take on the old Bordeaux (or Bordo) Mix of copper sulfate and lime. Approved for use in organic gardening and on edibles, this formulation controls fungal diseases, but is especially effective on peach leaf curl and blight diseases. Approved for use in organic gardening and on edibles, this formulation is intended for small garden use only. If you prefer a spray on product, mix BONIDE Copper Fungicide Dust with water or use BONIDE Liquid Copper Fungicide.
BONIDE Copper Fungicide Dust controls fungal diseases by damaging enzymes and proteins critical to fungal growth. Control of diseases depends on thorough and complete application to both tops and the underside of leaves. Use lower rates when plants are young and higher rates when plants are well developed, during heavy periods of rain (good for fungi) or when disease symptoms are severe.
Suggested Uses: Use to control diseases on tomatoes, fruits, nuts, flowering shrubs, ornamentals, vegetables and shade trees.
Dust Instructions: Control of disease depends on complete application to both tops and bottoms of leaves.
- Smaller sizes can be used as dusters in the container they come in by partially crushing and rapidly squeezing the sides in upright position, or use a good pressure duster.
- To prevent drift and loss of product, apply when wind is very light, or absent, usually early morning or evening.
Use hand or tank sprayers.
- Add proper amount of copper dust (see product label) to small amount of water, strain, add remainder of water and spray – agitate sprayer to keep nozzle from plugging.
- Add 3 gallons of mixed solution to a small tree or bush, 6 gallons of mixed solution to a medium size tree, or 9 gallons of mixed solution to a large tree.
- Thoroughly spray upper and lower surfaces of foliage to the point of runoff, but do not overspray.
Storage: Store and transport in an upright position. Store in a cool, dry area inaccessible to children and pets.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,CA
Warning & Toxicities: Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if inhaled. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Avoid breathing dust. Wear protective eyewear (goggles, faceshield, safety glasses), long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes, socks and chemical resistant gloves made of any waterproof material.
Environmental Hazards: This fungicide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates and may contaminate water through runoff. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash fungicide off the treatment area.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
7.00%..........Basic Copper Sulfate*
* Metallic copper equivalent: 3.93%
NOP compliant for organic gardening.