This Blue Adhesive Roll Trap is an effective monitoring and control method when seeking to control thrips and leafminers in a large growing area, whether inside a greenhouse or outside in a field. This particular hue of blue is a strong visual attractant for thrips and leafminers, but you will catch other insects as well. Place along the perimeter of your grow and you can catch and monitor whatever insect activity is present.
- Has adhesive on both sides to maximize your trapping potential.
- Can be placed waist-high or so around a perimeter to catch flying insects or stretched out along the ground to catch crawling insects.
- Can be used with or without lures (not included, sold separately).
There is less chance of mistakenly catching beneficials with this blue ribbon than there is with similar, yellow-colored ones, but every effort should still be taken to reduce the risk to beneficials and other desirable species. You should plan any release of beneficials accordingly. For best results, install ribbon at the time of planting. Catch results could vary due to trap placement, seasonal weather variations, size of pest populations present before installing traps, presence and number of natural pest predators, extreme weather, chemical spray contamination as well as disruption and/or damage due to human or other interference.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Frankliniella species of Thrips, including Western Flower Thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis) and Bean Thrips (Caliothrips fasciatus). Also controls Leafminers, including Spinach Leafminers (Pegomya hyoscyami).
When to Apply:
When beginning to plant, apply the trap as a preventative treatment to control flying insects. Rolls can remain in place until the trapping surface is fully covered with flying insects. Can be used with or without lures.
Where to Apply:
- For infected crops: Apply the roll in areas where the pest population is greatest (this is typically in warmer areas of the greenhouse).
- For early pest prevention: Apply the roll throughout the crop. Please note that early pest prevention may vary in crop and pest species.
How to Apply:
Place along the perimeter of fields and/or gardens and inside greenhouses. It can be wrapped around fenceposts or stakes that are driven into the ground, or it can be attached to greenhouse posts with staples or string.
Using vinyl gloves when handling this product will make cleanup easier. Any adhesive that comes in contact with the skin can be removed with vegetable oil, soap and water.
Warning & Toxicities:
- Avoid contact with the adhesive layer.
- Avoid high temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Wash hands before and after handling.